Innova

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Innova

Postby abman » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:07 pm

Someone told me about a new food that is coming out soon from the same people who make innova.

Turkey, Chicken, Turkey Meal,Chicken Meal, Potato, Herring Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols a natural source of vitamin E), Natural flavors, eggs, garlic, apples, carrots, tomatoes, cottage cheese, alfalfa sprouts, dried chicory root, taurine, lecithin, rosemary extract ,etc.

Supposed to have 42% protein and 22% fat.

Havent seen anything about it yet though.
abman
Matured Bully

Postby moto1320 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:02 am

Wow! That is a really really hot food. I would be wary unless your dog is a serious work horse. The regular Innova is already on the high end at 27% if memory serves. I suppose that they could trim portions down to suit a dog with that high of a protein level, but they would always feel hungry most likely. I'm intereested to check this out though.
moto1320
Regulator

Postby abman » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:13 am

I called natura and they do have a new food that is coming out next month. Its called evolution. The rep just found out this morning so he didnt have any info on the nutrients etc. Supposed to be a good meat based diet.
abman
Matured Bully

Postby kbreese » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:03 am

42% protein! Whoa...yeah thats for some seriously hard working dogs. Not sure how much weight to put into it but I've always heard too much protein can cause aggression...
kbreese

Return to Health Issues