My poor baloo, and his MANGE, AGAIN......

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

My poor baloo, and his MANGE, AGAIN......

Postby JessaNGizmo » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:14 am

:sad: My poor Baloo.....

Hes on the Ivermectin Shots weekly and I dont think its working...It did for the first few days, and now, It just seems to be getting worse again....
Look at his poor butt, and dry balls..... :crybaby:

(Edited by Mod. Sorry, but those pics were gross.)

On tuesday morning hes going to go get his second shot and I am going to start him on freshground flaxseeds daily, with some carrots (Heard it helps inside healing, But wont do to much) and also Echinachea so any more things that will help heal from the inside PLEASE let me know, I feel so bad for him. Hes not in pain, hes still his GOOFY self but I feel bad...
Jessa :sad:

I REALLY want to try to stay away from doing shots and dips one because I dont want to cost his sponsor more money, and because I think it would be HORRIBLE for him...
JessaNGizmo

Postby Boo439 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:15 am

Yikes! I hope he gets better soon. And I must say, that is the first doggie a-hole I have seen on the forum :))
Boo439

Postby JessaNGizmo » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:39 pm

Awww come on! Why, I need to see if anyone else has had these problems.... :crybaby:

Jessa
JessaNGizmo

Postby SuperNova » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:38 pm

Its just a butthole and .. his equipment. Its really no big deal lol

Im sorry Jessa.. i hope Baloo gets better. :sad:
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby jmann4 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:12 pm

JessaNGizmo wrote:Awww come on! Why, I need to see if anyone else has had these problems.... :crybaby:

Jessa

I just didnt' think it was needed. If someone has a question about the problem, you can PM them the pics.
jmann4

Postby Fish » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:07 am

What causes this ?
Fish

Postby Kelliek » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:29 am

poor baloo! the fresh ground flaxseed is great - i gave it to cody when he had mange as a pup. i also used flaxseed OIL, fish oil, vitaimin E, and olive oil. w/i 3 days of starting this regimen cody's hair started growing back. i stopped the dips right then and his coat/skin just got better. he still gets the fish oil, vitamin e, and oilve oil everyday to keep his immune system up.

good luck!
kellie
Kelliek

Postby Blue Steel » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:54 am

You might have a little better luck getting Baloo to take Salmon Oil rather than Flaxseed Oil. The concept is the same: to increase the intake of Essential Fatty Acids like Omega 3's, Omega 6's, and Omega 9's. Don't get me wrong, Flaxseed oil is one of THE HIGHEST sourses for EFAs, but, well, it tastes like grass seeds! -- Gee, imagine that, oil from a grass seed tastes like ... grass seed!! I use it for my rats, though. They just LOVE it, but then, they're rats. :)) They LIKE seeds (although they don't get them very often because they're so high in protien).

I tried using it with Punk when he was having his bout with mange. I'd put it on his food but he just wouldn't eat it. It was obvious he was hungry at meal time, and he'd be waitin' there, "dancing"... and then when I'd squirt the Flaxseed Oil on his food he just got this look of -- :sad: "awwww, mom. :extreme boo-boo lip: What'd ya go and do that for?" Then he'd get a very dejected look on his face like I just ruined everything, and he's walk away and flop on the floor. So, I had to change to Extra Virgin Olive Oil. THAT he took, although grudgingly. If I could have gotten ahold of some Salmon Oil, I think he would have taken that with much more gusto. If you can get ahold of either Salmon Oil, or Extra Virgin Olive Oil, be sure and get the stuff that's packaged in a light proof container such as a CAN. <-- MUCHO IMPORTANTE!! EFA's are light sensitive and break down in direct (sun?)light. SO! Get the COLD PRESSED stuff in a CAN. ALSO, keep the Salmon Oil, as well as Flaxseed Oil, in the fridge! They can spoil at room temp. With Extra Virgin Olive Oil, room temp storage is fine, but not with the other two.

Man, wishing you and Baloo the best of luck in dealing with this. We had Punk on Ivomec, given orally every day, for eight weeks. When we stopped his coat still didn't look good, but within a week I saw an imporvement. Within two weeks I saw great imporvement. He's been off the (daily) Ivomec now for about twelve weeks and so far, so good.

Hang in there.
Blue Steel

Return to Health Issues