My foster dog passed away after spay...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby blover27 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:44 am

i'm very sorry for your loss littlefoot...i hope you can take comfort in that Shame's last week was probably the best week of her life and that was thanks to you.

RIP Baby Shame :crybaby:
blover27

Postby X-girl » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:58 am

Oh, Littlefoot, I am so sorry to hear this. I cannot imagine your pain but Blover is right, you gave Shame a fantastic week and you were with her every step of the way through her ordeal. You showed her love when she needed it most. :sad:
X-girl
Regulator

Postby Boo439 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:13 am

Wow, that's horrible news. Sometimes there's no explanation at all, but I hope you get one that puts your mind at rest. Poor Shame, R.I.P. :frown:
Boo439

Postby mnp13 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:15 pm

It could have been a reaction to the anestetic or the drug used to counteract it.

I'm sorry for your loss, but she had a great last week of life thanks to you.

Michelle
mnp13

Postby BabyReba » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:59 pm

how horrible. i'm so sorry to hear the news, poor shame.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby SKoth » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:46 pm

Littlefoot, I am very sorry to hear what happened. It must have been a very sad sad day. There are a number of things that could have caused her death and they don't nec. need to be assoc. with her spay. Please let us know what the necropsy shows!
SKoth
Bully Ambassador

Postby concreterose » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:20 pm

Sorry for your loss. RIP Shame...she was loved before she left here :sad:
concreterose
Regulator

Postby pocketpit » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:26 pm

I'm so sorry to hear the bad news :crybaby:
pocketpit

Postby moto1320 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:31 pm

Im so sorry. :sad: Don't beat yourself up. Daisy didn't eat for the first three days almost with me and continued to barely eat for a couple of weeks after that. Dogs do this, new homes are stressful. You gave her a shot which was more than she was going to get. You did what you could and whatever happened was before you even got her. Keep your chin up for the other pups. :\ It wasn't your fault. If anyone could have/should have noticed it was the vet.
moto1320
Regulator

Postby X-girl » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:54 pm

Littlefoot, please remember that YOU cared about this lovely girl. YOU did, no one else. You gave her friends (human and canine) and warmth and love for 1 week, I'm sure that is more than she's ever known. You did your best - this was not your fault. :frown: I hope you feel better soon, I really do.
X-girl
Regulator

Postby jmann4 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:55 pm

littlefoot wrote:Im so angry as well. At myself, at the vets and at the shelter. Mostly myself. :((

I agree with the others. Don't blame yourself, you did what you could for Shame. Gave her a chance. It's a horrible tragedy and in my opinion the shelter should have noticed her illness. It is not your fault.
jmann4

Postby JCleve86 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:28 pm

<----agrees with everyone else.

I'm so sorry. I remember when Molly got spayed...we let her outside. She had be pretty lethargic the previous day and all day that day, but all of a sudden she got a 20 second spaz attack and ran to the dirt and rolled all around in it. Some of it got in her incision and she got a little infection, and I felt SO bad. But this was MY fault. Shame wasn't your fault...I can't imagine how you feel right now, but I sincerely hope you realize it wasn't your fault.
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby PitBullPride » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:03 pm

:sad: Dont blame yourself!!!! You had no way of knowing and it was like that for some time before you even saved her.She was truely blessed to have experienced the love you gave her in your short time together. My condolences...
PitBullPride

Postby BabyReba » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:43 pm

that's so awful, but it is sooo NOT your fault. poor shame. it's so hard to know what is going on with dogs, especially ones that are stoic and don't show their pain or problems.

you did right by her and i'm sure she appreciated the love and attention you gave her during her last week.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby pitbullforever » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:45 am

i'm so sorry for ur loss but it isn't your fault you gave shame the best week of her life!!!! you need to think about what you gave the dog. i know that's hard from experiance but you need to try.
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Next

Return to Health Issues