My foster dog passed away after spay...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby JaquelineC » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:42 pm

Oh man, I just saw this Littlefoot...

I'm so sorry, I don't know what else to say, but I know you must feel horrible...

I agree with everyone else too, don't beat yourself up. If anything, be proud that you were the only one there trying to give her a second chance at life... There's no way you could've known she wasn't eating because she was sick - If anyone should've noticed, it should've been the vet or shelter staff.

I can't imagine how you must feel - Just know you did everything you could for her, and it is NOT your fault.

Again, I'm so sorry... :((

Rest in Peace, Shame...
JaquelineC

Postby Ariel Payopay » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:36 pm

I'm sorry to hear the bad news. :sad:
Ariel Payopay
Site Admin

Postby spane1 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:44 pm

I am very sorry for your loss, Littlefoot. RIP Shame.

I know this will probably not help but I didn't see it in any of the other posts and I wanted to add that you WOULD have noticed if you had her for longer and knew her schedule and her behaviors. You and she were new to each other and you did not know what to expect as her "normal" versus her acclimating to a new situation. Unless you were a mind reader her behaviors/symptoms are very acceptable when a dog moves into a new home.

Again I am very sorry for your loss. Please don't blame yourself.

Sarah
spane1

Postby pitbullforever » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:22 am

i'm glad that you have been feeling better about everything now. the dog that you have that you really like u should keep :) there are lots of other dogs out there for the other fam.
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby sam » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:04 pm

i'm so sorry...
sam
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Kirstan » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:37 pm

So sorry - with tremendous sympathy,
kirstan
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby pitbullforever » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:21 pm

littlefoot wrote:
pitbullforever wrote:i'm glad that you have been feeling better about everything now. the dog that you have that you really like u should keep :) there are lots of other dogs out there for the other fam.

LOL If I kept every dog I loved...I would have never given any of my rescue/foster kids away. LOL But I know what you are saying. When the time comes, and if the right home comes along for him...I will do what I believe is best for him, and him alone.

yeah i agree when it comes down to it you have to do what is best for the dog, but it does look like he has a great life as it is. :))
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby turtle » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:09 pm

I'm very sorry to read this....

But it is not your fault. The shelter should have noticed her not eating and not going to the bathroom, they should have seen this! You took her out and gave her a chance, and gave her love, she had a good week with you, there is no way you could have known nor prevented this tragedy.

turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Health Issues