EMERGENCY- old lab may be sick NEED HELP

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby BabyReba » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:13 pm

could be bowel obstruction. could be poinsoning, could be something else. if the dog is puking AND acting weird, probably wouldn't be a bad idea to either get the dog to an emergency vet or at the very least call one and ask about they symptoms . . . my emergency vet won't dispense advice over the phone, but if they feel something sounds serious they will tell me to bring the dog in ASAP.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:16 pm

GO TO THE VET!!! NOW!!!

It could be poisoning... it could be distemper, parvo, or other disease... it could be twisted stomach, blocked intestens... could have something stuck in its throat...

either way, VET! NOW!
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby pitbullforever » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:27 pm

i don't think that its posion my cat been posioned before and she was worse i would say on a scale of 1-10 of how bad he is i would give him a 6 and a half i'm just a really worried mommy. he's my dog i love him very much. the emergency clinic in the area is really bad. he did have a bowl movement today (not that long ago) and it was normal
Last edited by pitbullforever on Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby BabyReba » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:45 pm

i just realized where you guys live--i sorta know port jervis. via greenville and such.

but anyway, reba once had an intestinal blockage and the symptoms were anxiety, lots of vomiting, generalized tremors, and eventually an inability to poop. it was not good. i'm a worrier about such things, so i still vote getting to a vet ASAP. if you don't have an emergency vet near you, you might just try calling your regular vet's emergency number at least to let the on-call or emergency service know what's going on . . .
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby pitbullforever » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:48 pm

i'm going to try to bring him to the vet tommarow if he's still acting sick i mean it just may be from the ziti that he got into
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby BabyReba » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:58 pm

well sometimes dogs do just vomit . . . if vomiting is the only really serious symptom, i'll generally ride it out till morning unless i see other things going along with it. tremoring/trembling being one of the big ones that will make me run to the emergency vet since the trembling can be a sign of serious pain.

good luck, hope it's nothing more than an upset tummy.

and greenville . . . i used to have friends who lived/worked on an organic commune/farm kinda thing out there. my parents are in warwick, ny which isn't too far out of the way . . . i always liked the pine island/westowne area, kind of desolate black dirt and farms and stuff!
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby pitbullforever » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:02 pm

he only vomited twice or i would be more worried but i think maybe he will be fine by morning
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby BabyReba » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:04 pm

pitbullforever, i'm glad he doesn't sound like he's seriously ill!

adoptashelterpit: i honestly can't remember the name . . . all i remember is that it wasn't too far from westtown and that they used to sell their produce in union square in nyc and that garlic was a specialty!
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby pocketpit » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:53 am

You should check his temp, gum color, etc.
Old dogs can suffere from splenic masses and tumors that are bad news if they rupture or begin leaking. It could be a number of things and he needs to be seen ASAP. Good luck, I hope he's okay!
pocketpit

Postby pitbullforever » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:26 am

yeah i think the ziti made him really sick and he felt bad for doing it. i also think that he hurt his leg (but not in a major way) when he was running from the skeliton man who dances and signs to "super freak" (its a holloween decoration and he's scared of it) but he's doing so much better now :)
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby pitbullforever » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:01 am

i just got it. its great made doug, mike and i laugh for a long time we just had to bye him. u'll see him when u come over :)
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby pocketpit » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:28 pm

I'm so glad to hear he's feeling better!
pocketpit

Postby pitbullforever » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:34 pm

thanks for the concern about him. i'm glad he's doing better too. i love him. he's my only dog. all i needed was for him to be so sick and get any bad health news that i had to put him down for a wedding present. (i got married this sunday :)) ) i couldn't bair that and there couldn't be any worse timeing. i love my dog very much. he's not a pit bull but he's a perfect dog!!!! thanks again for all the concern. he isn't even haveing trouble walking any more i'm so happy. :headbang:
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Return to Health Issues