White Pittie has pink Stripe...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

White Pittie has pink Stripe...

Postby Hooligan » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:12 pm

Ok, our new kid is a lovely white pittie, but he has a pinkish stripe down his back...on his poor caloused elbows and on his bum. I know its from not being bathed and poor conditions. But what can I do to turn him white again? Any shampoo suggestions? I used my own shampoo bc in the move I lost Tropiclean Shampoo for White Dogs. Now I have nothing...can someone recommend something so he's not so two-toned?
Hooligan

Postby mnp13 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:56 am

Is the 'pink' from thin hair allowing the skin to show through? If so, good diet will probably help.

I use Dr. Bronner's soap to wash the dogs, it's GREAT.

If the hair is discolored, try hydrogen peroxide. Put some on with a sponge, let the dog play in the sun for a while and then wash off.

Michelle
mnp13

Postby Hooligan » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:09 pm

Its his hair thats discolored. His coat is fine.
I will try the peroxide thing later today...thanx for the advice.
Hooligan

Postby Leslie H » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:38 pm

Watch out for the shampoos that are aimed at white dogs, some of them are really harsh. I learned the hard way, bathing a white ab I was showing before each show. Her coat was getting progressively worse, redness, bumps, scabs. Fortunately my friend's a groomer, when I griped to her, she told me to switch shampoos, problem solved.
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby moto1320 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:07 pm

Doc had a red ring around his neck from a chain or something when I got him and nothing would take it out. It took months and months for it to go away from just loosing fur. Stay away from people shampoo on dogs as it is too harsh. I found the regualar doggy variety to make him nice and shiny otherwise.
moto1320
Regulator

Return to Health Issues