Black Kong

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Black Kong

Postby kenix » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:28 pm

How many of your dogs just destroy em FAST? I love how Kongs keep my dog busy, but he just destroys em when he is done with the fillings. The top gets bitten off chunk by chunk. Every month $20 dollars down the drain for 30 minutes of fun for him. :sad:

Is there a better alternative to em? I heard marrow/soup bones could be done the same. Fill the hole up.
kenix

Postby moto1320 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:32 pm

What size are you giving him? I had that problem until i moved up to the pitbull size, which is Xl. Also, a medium kong will fit inside and XL one making a double layer. If the Kong doesn't last 30 days you get your $ back andor a new Kong from either them or where you purchased it. You can just keep trading them out every couple days if he tears them up.
moto1320
Regulator

kong

Postby texas pit stop » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:38 pm

I bought the XL black for McDooser, so far he hasnt been able to do any damage to it. He wont play with much unless it is stuffed though.
texas pit stop

Postby kenix » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:42 pm

I'm using the biggest Kong there is. Not sure which size it is, but on the chart, its as biggest as it goes. I don't think putting a smaller size kong inside will make a difference for my dog. He gets as much as possible from the big hole in the Kong. When he cant get the stuff out, he gets fustrated and slowly chews off the top, chunk by chunk. Then the filling will be exposed.

I never knew Kongs has some kind of warrenty. :roll: I gotta look into it when I go to the pet store. I went through like 6 kongs already.
kenix

Postby pocketpit » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:25 pm

You are not the only one out there! My kids all destroy Kongs, regardless of what size. It's almost pointless to buy them because like you said, that's a lot of money out the door. I stick to nylabone type products which they also destroy but not at such a fast rate. One of the souper sized bones will last approx 3-6 months (depending on how many times they lose it somewhere) till it's down to a nubbin and must be tossed. Buy Kongs online or out of pet catalogs to save yourself some money.
pocketpit

Return to Health Issues