safest chews?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
rednoseErnie
Forum Junky

Postby rednoseErnie » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:51 pm

LazyDaisy wrote:
rednoseErnie wrote:I give them frozen, but they thaw over time.

I'm interested in the result of your experiment! If Daisy and Roscoe can chew them up, Ernie will bow down to their superior jaws.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Well, I got the bones for the dogs last week and gave them to them frozen on Saturday. Yup, they're still around! lol and will be for a while by the looks of it. I have given these before (long long time ago it seems) because I found an old one in the toy bin! lol These are some hard bones!

Ha, I knew it!
lol

Yep, those bones are hard as stone. Good investment! After Ernie cleans them out, I sometimes re-freeze them with peanut butter and kibble, kind of like stuffing a kong.

LazyDaisy
Forum Junky

Postby LazyDaisy » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:01 pm

rednoseErnie wrote:
LazyDaisy wrote:

I'm interested in the result of your experiment! If Daisy and Roscoe can chew them up, Ernie will bow down to their superior jaws.

Well, I got the bones for the dogs last week and gave them to them frozen on Saturday. Yup, they're still around! lol and will be for a while by the looks of it. I have given these before (long long time ago it seems) because I found an old one in the toy bin! lol These are some hard bones!

Ha, I knew it!
lol

Yep, those bones are hard as stone. Good investment! After Ernie cleans them out, I sometimes re-freeze them with peanut butter and kibble, kind of like stuffing a kong.

Okay, now that is a great idea!!! I threw the other one aside because after the "yumminess" is all scraped and licked off, they ignore it. Now I know what to do with them. Awesome!

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:09 pm

LazyDaisy wrote:
rednoseErnie wrote:
LazyDaisy wrote:

Ha, I knew it!
lol

Okay, now that is a great idea!!! I threw the other one aside because after the "yumminess" is all scraped and licked off, they ignore it. Now I know what to do with them. Awesome!

I keep all the old bones in "toy box" in the living room. When I finally get around to picking up all their toys, I'm always surprised to find that the old bones are one of the first things out of the box. Its actually the only reason I still have them. I never see them chew them, but they must be playing with them sometime... Even if all they're doing is pulling them out and deciding they're boring, its still some sort of mental stimulation.

cisom
Matured Bully

Postby cisom » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:16 pm

Galileo bones are perfect for those real hard chewers. NylaBone makes them. They are super hard plastic and the bone kind of flakes off in tiny bits which the dog easily passes. I've used them for a long time with no troubles. My pit-x will chew on it for hours.

Return to “Health Issues”