HOMIES WEIGHT

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

HOMIES WEIGHT

Postby ILLMATIK » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:50 pm

i was reading on another post that a pit bull should be 60-70 pounds
my dog homie is 55 pounds at 7 months
is this normal, he isnt fat but just very muscular, at full grown how much you guys think he will weigh
ILLMATIK

Re: HOMIES WEIGHT

Postby Awesome_PIT » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:54 pm

ILLMATIK wrote:i was reading on another post that a pit bull should be 60-70 pounds
my dog homie is 55 pounds at 7 months
is this normal, he isnt fat but just very muscular, at full grown how much you guys think he will weigh

Im no expert but i believe that 60-70 pounds is towards the higher side. My puppy is almost eight months and he weighs between 47-50 pounds and people always ask me why he is soo skinny.. Did you read the post Jmann posted on how to tell if your dog is overweight?? Its very helpful
Awesome_PIT

Re: HOMIES WEIGHT

Postby ILLMATIK » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:58 pm

Im no expert but i believe that 60-70 pounds is towards the higher side. My puppy is almost eight months and he weighs between 47-50 pounds and people always ask me why he is soo skinny.. Did you read the post Jmann posted on how to tell if your dog is overweight?? Its very helpful[/quote]

yes i read it and homie isnt overweight at all, all those tests i did and homie is fine but i guess he is just going to be a big dog
ILLMATIK

Postby Awesome_PIT » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:01 pm

Could be. I dont know just trying to help im at work bored..

you know how much his parents weighed??
Awesome_PIT

Postby ILLMATIK » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:07 pm

Awesome_PIT wrote:Could be. I dont know just trying to help im at work bored..

you know how much his parents weighed??

haha ya

his dad was around 95 pounds and mother was smaller at around 65 pounds

his dad is a monster
ILLMATIK

Postby AllAmericanPUP » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:42 pm

he'll probably be around 70 pounds but it's hard to tell.

Eli was 60pounds at 8 months and now at 16 months he is about 58lbs.

it just depends on the dog.

a true APBT should be 30-50 pounds, but sadly it's hard to find a good breeder that breeds true APBT's and if ya do find one, you will be on a waiting list :)
AllAmericanPUP

Postby SuperNova » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:02 pm

Im sorry if im hijacking this thread.. really sorry.
Nova is 28lbs and she's 4mo tomorrow. How much do you guys think she'll end up weighing?
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby AllAmericanPUP » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:04 pm

I think Nova will be no heavier than 60 pounds, but more like in the higher 40's or lower 50's..
AllAmericanPUP

Postby SuperNova » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:07 pm

thank ya kindly :thumbsup:
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Postby AllAmericanPUP » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:43 pm

no prob ;)
I'm just basing that on what I have herd on other dogs that weighed so and so weight @ 4 months and then what they weighed when full grown.

generally you can take the weight they weigh at 4 months, double it, and that is what your dog will weigh when full grown, but I don't know if that always holds true.
AllAmericanPUP

Postby JessaNGizmo » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:35 pm

Illmatik,

I think Homie will weigh about 75 lbs.....Thats a big boy there. It depends, Trust me enjoy him while hes "small" Once they hit 1 they start going wide and then he REALLY wont look like a pup! I miss my babies being pups!!
Jessa
JessaNGizmo

Postby ILLMATIK » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:56 am

JessaNGizmo wrote:Illmatik,

I think Homie will weigh about 75 lbs.....Thats a big boy there. It depends, Trust me enjoy him while hes "small" Once they hit 1 they start going wide and then he REALLY wont look like a pup! I miss my babies being pups!!
Jessa

ya i know i do think he is going to be a big boy but he still looks the same size to me since the day i brought him home without my parents approval
ILLMATIK

Postby phez718 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:42 am

75lbs is a big boy. Casey is only 53lbs and he's about 18 or 19" at the shoulders. He's almost 2 yrs. now :))
phez718

Return to Health Issues