OL ROY DOG FOOD

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
$$$. My 1$t PiT 901

OL ROY DOG FOOD

Postby $$$. My 1$t PiT 901 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:30 pm

how do u guys feel about ol'roy dog food..i have alot of it and thats what ive been feeding my pup..both the puppy complete and the complete nutrition brands..but if those foods r crap ill will buy something better..any opinions?

48lawsofpower

Postby 48lawsofpower » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:08 pm

probably THE worst dog food made.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:16 pm

I agree --- total junk. Kirkland Signature chicken/vegetable is a great food for NOT too much more than what Ol' roy costs.

IamaDick
Addicted to PBF

Postby IamaDick » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:33 pm

Give that junk away...if you can find someone to take it...

Maybe donate to a local shelter, but ya, definantly no good.

pitbullcrazy30
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby pitbullcrazy30 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:38 pm

msvette2u wrote:I agree --- total junk. Kirkland Signature chicken/vegetable is a great food for NOT too much more than what Ol' roy costs.
were do u purchase kirkland sig. at? i have a dog food grading list and it shows it getting 110 points witch was a A plus... just 2 points behind canidaie, its really that cheap/ sounds like a great food?

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:39 pm

Basically, anything you can buy in a grocery store(or walmart) is poor quality food, but Ol' Roy is at the bottom of the barel. You would be taking a pretty big step up just by getting something like Iams, even though that is still not a great food. You should check out the food sticky here in the health section, it has great info on good food!

Ket

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:56 pm

pitbullcrazy30 wrote:
msvette2u wrote:I agree --- total junk. Kirkland Signature chicken/vegetable is a great food for NOT too much more than what Ol' roy costs.
were do u purchase kirkland sig. at? i have a dog food grading list and it shows it getting 110 points witch was a A plus... just 2 points behind canidaie, its really that cheap/ sounds like a great food?

Costco. I opened a bag of it for our dogs the other day and it smells like FRUIT (yum). It has tons of veggies (down the list) and some cranberries too. I had some Pedigree (crap too!) donated and I was going to mix it up for the foster dogs and the Pedigree smells horrible compared to the Costco/Kirkland brand!

savingtoby

Postby savingtoby » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:06 am

One of my old neighbors fed her boxer old roy. One day it fell over with a seizure. When she called the vet thats the first thing the vet asked her was if she was feeding old roy! Apparently this vet had seen a high number of dogs having seizures from feeding old roy. She said something about an additive causing the problem. My neighbor switched to a better dog food and her dog never had another seizure after that!

chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Postby chewbecca » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:28 am

I read "Ol' Roy" in the subject title and cringed.

Annika
Addicted to PBF

Postby Annika » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:39 am

Ol' Roy...

Might as well feed your dogs Post-It Notes...

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:20 am

Post it notes have more nutrition I'm sure!

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:06 pm

Fiber :thumbsup:

DIVINE

Postby DIVINE » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:03 pm

Yeah I cringed a the title also.... you would have more nutrition feeding your dog jelly beans

JaystreetsA4
Bully Ambassador

Postby JaystreetsA4 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:38 am

Ol roy....i know people use it to kill weeds on their lawn lol seriously try a diff food.

pitbullcrazy30
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby pitbullcrazy30 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:23 pm

when i hear the name ole roy, i cringe too, but i was reading a post on anouther forum and they said that that brand has come along way??? and that they dont use the same ingredients that they usse too? id never feed it just because all the bad things ive heard about it ... but they made it sound like it wasnt to bad of a choice now days huh?

Return to “Health Issues”