OL ROY DOG FOOD

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:56 pm

As far as "crap" foods go... purina is better than pedigree, Science Diet is better than purina (except for pro plan), Eukaneuba is my favorite of the bunch...

This is my own personal preference, and not based on "ingredient lists" This is based on company policy and quality controls. Ingredient lists are a great way to know what goes in, but without quality control and good science behind the ingredients, there is no way to know if what sounds good really IS good for your dog.

48lawsofpower

Postby 48lawsofpower » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:09 pm

Misskiwi67 wrote:As far as "crap" foods go... purina is better than pedigree, Science Diet is better than purina (except for pro plan), Eukaneuba is my favorite of the bunch...

This is my own personal preference, and not based on "ingredient lists" This is based on company policy and quality controls. Ingredient lists are a great way to know what goes in, but without quality control and good science behind the ingredients, there is no way to know if what sounds good really IS good for your dog.

great point, which is why I use Diamond Naturals Lamb and Rice.

great ingredient list and they have a great quality test process....

you can also get it at a really great price.

http://www.diamondpet.com/promotions/5/

Linariel
Addicted to PBF

Postby Linariel » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:51 pm

I just picked up a bag of that the other day, for a friend. I think it's great food for the price. I definitely recommend it if you don't want to get into the really pricey stuff.

Linariel
Addicted to PBF

Postby Linariel » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:26 am

er, I meant the Diamond Naturals. Not Ol Roy. Forgot to put in a quote there.

concreterose

Postby concreterose » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:40 am

Third thumbs up here for the Diamond natural. I buy it for a rescue bully that I sponsor here.

48lawsofpower

Postby 48lawsofpower » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:56 am

concreterose wrote:Third thumbs up here for the Diamond natural. I buy it for a rescue bully that I sponsor here.

glad to see it get its due here. It is a great food for the price. I get 40 lbs for twenty bucks here and its a lot more cost effective for me to feed three dogs. When I was feeding Merrick or NV it would cost me 120-150 bucks a month to feed 3 dogs. Now its costing me about 50.

To be honest, I have seen better results on it as well and the dogs seem to enjoy it more. They still love that canned Merrick though.

jaygirl
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jaygirl » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:21 pm

I get 40 lbs for twenty bucks here and its a lot more cost effective for me to feed three dogs.

That's so cheap. It's costing me a fortune to feed my 3 dogs wellness at 40 bucks a bag.

48lawsofpower

Postby 48lawsofpower » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:04 pm

jaygirl wrote:
I get 40 lbs for twenty bucks here and its a lot more cost effective for me to feed three dogs.

That's so cheap. It's costing me a fortune to feed my 3 dogs wellness at 40 bucks a bag.

yep that is why I made the switch and I have to be honest they do just as well on it.

I know it's not in the boards "top foods" but I have had great luck with it.

Its either 19.99 or 22.99 for the 40 lb bag just depending on which place I go.

Feeding them Merrick just wasn't working with the finances while my girlfriend finishes her degree I'm the only one working..

RodentRanger
Super Bully

Postby RodentRanger » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:31 pm

For those of you who have several dogs and buy a lot of food, if you have the storage space, you may ask your local pet food store if they would be willing to make you a deal on a pallet if you pick it up the day of delivery.
We have a customer with 3 mastiffs who was paying $40-50 a bag and buying about a 40 lb bag a week. We ordered a mixed pallet (50 bags of his brand of dog food with 10 bags of each flavor so he can rotate) for him. He picked it up the day it was delivered, so we didn't have to figure out where to store it, and we gave him a decent discount. He won't have to come back in for food for almost a year. Bagged dog food has an unopened shelf life of a year from the date of manufacture (and technically, it can safely go unopened about 3 months past the date on the bag). He bought food in foil bags so that the moisture in our area wouldn't be a problem.
At my store, we also offer a 5% discount if you buy two large bags at once (or a case of 12 cans or frozen raw chubs). It doesn't hurt to ask the little mom-and-pop food stores if they can help you out. They'd rather give you a discount and have you as a long term customer than say no and lose your patronage and recommendation!

Return to “Health Issues”