WHY I need to quite my job soon! BUT I HAVE NO MONEY *cries*

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

WHY I need to quite my job soon! BUT I HAVE NO MONEY *cries*

Postby pitbulliest » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:20 pm

As some of you may know...I work at a pet shop (yippy NOT!)...yesterday, a lady came into the store and started yelling at our manager (I was so happy!)...she freaked out because she bought a pug at the store the night before, and when she took it home, all the hair started coming up..until eventually the pug was bald...the lady was hysterical (I would be too!..Except I would never buy a dog from a store!..but anywho..)...she said she took the dog to a vet, and the vet said how the parents of this dog should never have been bred, since it is 100% a hereditary disease and quite a serious one. I'm not sure what happened to the dog..but I'm just very sad for all the dogs in our store..I hate going into the kennel department because they are ALL ALWAYS SICK..its so sad..I just know for sure they are from puppy mills..I just wish I could find out for sure so I could report the store..and I work there so I can even tell them that I know the dogs are always sick..and WAYYY too young to be there..

Not to mention, there is another forum I go to where I was talking to this lady..she was mentioning PJs Pet Shop (where I work)..and how some of the dogs, besides coming from mills, even come from those typical movie scene flea markets (you know, where the animals are in 1 foot by 1 foot chicken wire cages stacked one on top of the other!)..yeah..and she mentioned there was going to be a big demonstration going on near one of the stores..I was looking around for the message where she said this because I want to know where it is and what information will be given out..I don't even care if I work there..I won't support anything bad like that, and I WILL report abuse and neglect if I see it..hands down!

Anyways..just thought I would share that with all of you in case anyone here knows about any PJs pet demonstrations..(please inform me!)..and just to let you all know never to buy any animals from a pet shop...ugh..!
pitbulliest
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby barbponys » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:57 pm

If I had a quarter for everytime I told someone NOT to buy a dog from a pet store I wouldn't have to work. They always seem so surprised......it makes me sick. A guy came in today with a dog that was SUPPOSE to be a poodle........it's hair was draggin on the ground, it had about HALF the muzzle a poodle would have and it's ears were tiny! It drives me INSANE!
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby AllAmericanPUP » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:59 pm

Whenever someone comes in to purchase a pup nonchalantly tell them that the puppies are ill and come from a bad place and they should leave the store lol
AllAmericanPUP

Postby pitbulliest » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:31 pm

So many people come in there daily..you guys have no idea how many dogs get sold EACH DAY...its disgusting...sometimes during closing on a Saturday..at 6pm...someone will run into the store at the last minute and beg to buy a dog they've had their eye on..we don't have to beg people to buy the dogs..they beg us! IT IS ABSOLUTELY SICKENING...

Gawd I hate my job.. *grumbles*
Anyone wanna pass my resume to their boss? :))
pitbulliest
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Fish » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:13 am

My boss and I were talking a few weeks ago, he and his wife used to have a pet store a few years ago and he was telling me about the lady that he used to get most of his puppies from. He said that they most alway were sick when he got them, most had kennel cough. He told me that she always brought the puppies to him but one time he went to her place to pick-up a puppy and he couldn't belive how desgusting the place was, dogs chained in the mud or in creates that were so small that they couldn't even turn around. I asked him if they kept getting their pups from this woman after he saw this, he said yes because there was a market for them and that puppies were 20% of his bussiness and that he couldn't get pups from reputable breeders because they cost to much and the profit margin wasn't there if he did get one from a breeder. I guess this will always be a problem as long as people want dogs.
Fish

Postby mnp13 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:21 am

Fish wrote:I guess this will always be a problem as long as people want dogs.

It will be a problem as long as puppy mills are legal and the AKC and other kennel clubs keep registering the dogs. Once both of those are fixed the problem will go away.

*laugh*

As if...

Money is the bottom line here, it has nothing to do with the dogs and cats.

Michelle
mnp13

Postby barbponys » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:19 am

Nope, it has nothing to do with the dogs or cats. Any pet store that deals with animals at all, for the most part, contributes to the problem. The places that distribute reps, herps, etc. are NOT doing the animals any favors. It's very very sad. Let's hear it for the almighty buck.

I love when a shop owner will say, "they come from a local breeder" like that means they aren't a mill. WTFE!!! When someone breeds 15 different types of dogs, all small, what in the hell WOULD they be??? And THEN people complain about how much they COST!! God I want to shoot them.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby pitbulliest » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:52 pm

Yeah its disgusting... it is all about the money and it pisses me off..the people working in the dog department get quite a bit of comission for each animal they sell so they all freak out and shove the animals into the people's faces..it makes me want to throw up...

Its all about money..people are greedy pigs and its disgusting..and they will pay for it one day..(no pun intended)..humans are bungholes...inconsiderate greedy mofos damnit!

And you are absolutely right...store owners will say "they come from local breeders" and right away the customers are like "oh ok that's good"..what a bunch of uneducated morons...not to mention, our dogs don't even come from local breeders (puppy mills is what I like to call them)..they come from the states..we don't even know what the breeders are like...we just BUY the dang dogs cause they're cheaper for us, and we sell them for like 3,000!!!!!

AHHH...I hope PJ's Pet Centre gets busted..and watch me be the one to do it!...lol
pitbulliest
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby JB » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:03 am

I live in toronto and know a bazillion people who bought dogs from PJ's. One has a pug actually. They ALL give you that line about the dogs coming from breeders, not mills.
JB

Postby pitbulliest » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:08 pm

Yeah and we all know how much balogna that is.. psshh
pitbulliest
Bully Lover 4 Life

Return to Health Issues