Another Wellness question

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Another Wellness question

Postby Justice82003 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:38 pm

So I got a bag of wellness chicken, and I was reading the feeding guide and noticed it said 1 cup wellness=4 oz. On all the other foods I have tried it said to use a stadard 8 oz. mesureing cup. Someone help me out, I don't want to over or under feed.

Joe
Justice82003

Postby mnp13 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:55 pm

1 cup of wellness (volume measure) = 4 ounces of food (weight measure)

Yet another reason why the Imperial system is CRAP.

Ounces of weight and ounces of volume have nothing at all to do with each other.

Michelle
mnp13

Postby concreterose » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:52 pm

Use the 8 oz cup like you've been doing. 4 oz is weight they're going by as how I understand it. If you weigh their food it will be 4 oz. If you're measuring it, it's 8 oz.
concreterose
Regulator

Postby pollypop » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:48 pm

Yeah, what they said. Just use the measuring cup you've been using, the same way you've been using it.

A measuring cup measures volume, which is the amount of space something takes up, not mass, which is the weight of it. One cup (the volume) of water weighs (the mass) eight ounces, one cup (volume) of flour weighs (mass) between three ounces and six ounces, one cup (volume) of Wellness weighs (mass) four ounces.

Wellness' packaging is a little confusing on the issue, if you ask me.
pollypop

Postby Justice82003 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:54 pm

Thanks alot everyone!!Now that I feel about this big!!

Joe
Justice82003

Postby pollypop » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:56 pm

Don't feel tiny! It's confusing! Feel embiggened with knowledge! Yay knowledge!

:thumbsup:
pollypop

Postby moto1320 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:56 pm

lol, don't sweat it Joe. Apparently, you missed Concrete and I scratching our heads over this one in a past thread...we couldn't figure out what the hell they were trying to say. They do confuse people with that one... lol
moto1320
Regulator

Postby concreterose » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:00 am

moto1320 wrote:, don't sweat it Joe. Apparently, you missed Concrete and I scratching our heads over this one in a past thread...we couldn't figure out what the hell they were trying to say. They do confuse people with that one...

Riiiiight roflmao
concreterose
Regulator

Return to Health Issues