Dog swallowing earrings

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Dog swallowing earrings

Postby megan203 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:37 am

So, I was reading the online journal of one of the local animal shelters and this is what I saw
It was a rather interesting day at the shelter. One of the first events to hit us today concerned our waggish puppy, Johnny. Somehow, he managed to
grab hold of a woman's serrated earring and. . . dun, dun, dun.... the earring now resides within our little friend. It is now our duty to fill him with food in order to make him "earringless."

Wouldn't it had made more sense to make the dog vomit to get the earring out, thus causing less damage to his insides? :huh?:
megan203

Postby megan203 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:46 am

I guess the "serrated" part was what got me....
megan203

Postby megan203 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:08 pm

:dunno:

pointy edges?

It just seemed kinda weird. I'm just going to assume that they know what they're doing.
megan203

Postby K » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:35 pm

I used to wear earrings..this is precisely the reason I now do not...Storm took the same earring out of my ear twice...and twice I got it back by 'treasure hunting' :oops: ...now they stay in thier velvet box..its safer there!

I dont know what a serrated earring is ...but I am pretty sure it will come out the other end ok
K

Postby elizer » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:46 pm

ahahah treasure hunting thats priceless

roflmao
elizer

Postby sikz3 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:21 pm

Thats reminds me of "up in smoke" when they were smoking labradore. lol
sikz3

Postby mnp13 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:01 pm

Sometimes it's better to let something pass than try to get it to come back up. Though they should have fed the dog cotton balls to wind up with the earring to protect the stomack and intestines.

And 'serrated' is ridged. Steak knives are serrated.

Michelle
mnp13

Return to Health Issues