black widows and dogs.

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

black widows and dogs.

Postby sikz3 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:40 am

Last night sierra went out to her doghouse and I noticed her lunge at something. Kinda like she does when she sees a moth or something. For some reason I felt the need to go out and see what it was. It was a black widow spider. Now my question is... I don't know how long it was in her doghouse but what are the health risks for a dog being bitten by one?
sikz3

Postby nessa » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:04 am

Was the hourgalss on the back, or the belly? There is a mimicer spider that I can't remember the name of that has the hourglass on the back. Scared the hell out of me one morning...
There I was, miniding my own business, in the bathroom, relieving my bladder..... And this black spider with a red hourglass crawled across the floor in front of me. I froze, and had I not already taken care of business, I'da pissed myself. BLACK WIDOW!!!!
I'm very arachnaphobic, but my dog was in the other room, so I took my shoe and smashed it. When I calmed down, I remembered that the Black widow was supposed to have that on the belly, not readily visable on the back. So off I went to my zoology book and confirmed. Wheewh!

Anway, spray for spiders! Nasty icky horrid critters!
nessa
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby SKoth » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:08 pm

I froze, and had I not already taken care of business, I'da pissed myself.

Ok, now that made me laugh! roflmao
SKoth
Bully Ambassador

Return to Health Issues