Teething remedies?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Teething remedies?

Postby tjbsandy » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:10 am

Lilith is teething! :clap I'm a proud Mommy. But when she's cutting a new tooth she is a beast. Once it comes through she's fine and behaves nicely again, but while she's in pain she doesn't want to listen to anything! She falls right back into nipping heels and selective hearing when otherwise she's doing great with her training. I've heard you suggest baby aspirin for other things, do you think that would help with this? She's four months old, weighed in today at 18.1 pounds. Would it be too much for her? I can just wait it out, but it would be nice if we could make a day or two in there more bearable for us all! Thanks for any suggestions. She has loads of stuff to chew, and gets ice cubes on a regular basis.
tjbsandy

Postby mnp13 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:02 pm

Asprin dosing depends on weight, I'd call your vet. I also know someone who used the human teething stuff on their puppy and it worked well. Besides ice cubes, soaking a towel in water and freezing it will give longer 'cold' time for pain relief while chewing.

Michelle
mnp13

Re: Teething remedies?

Postby jmann4 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:47 pm

tjbsandy wrote:Lilith is teething! :clap I'm a proud Mommy. But when she's cutting a new tooth she is a beast. Once it comes through she's fine and behaves nicely again, but while she's in pain she doesn't want to listen to anything! She falls right back into nipping heels and selective hearing when otherwise she's doing great with her training. I've heard you suggest baby aspirin for other things, do you think that would help with this? She's four months old, weighed in today at 18.1 pounds. Would it be too much for her? I can just wait it out, but it would be nice if we could make a day or two in there more bearable for us all! Thanks for any suggestions. She has loads of stuff to chew, and gets ice cubes on a regular basis.

One thing that worked well for me was freezing a cotton dish rag. Roll it up, wet it, freeze it and let them chew on that. It helped Angel a lot.
jmann4

Postby barbponys » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:08 pm

Frozen bones kept Garion happy. I would refreeze them and take them to work with me. He would chew on them a while, we have freezers at work so I would throw it back in there too, before the boss got there of course. That seemed to work well for him.
barbponys
Health Guru

Return to Health Issues