I've had it with Timberwolf!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
PopeyeSaysHowdy
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby PopeyeSaysHowdy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:59 pm

X-girl wrote:Lola has very little gas on the Nature's Variety Venison formula. If she's got it, it's because she ate an out-of-the-norm snack. You might want to give it a try.

Try the Natures Variety Raw Naturals. I've moved Popeye and Lulu to it from prey-model (just a huge time saver and no significant nutritional downgrade). It's great food and it has almost reduced gas to non-existant. We actually miss their little puppy farts.

dr961
Super Bully

Postby dr961 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:18 pm

dawnapbt wrote:Actually, my dogs don't have "very bad gas" except on TW.... :) They have GAS with all foods, though, raw included.

***I know its terrible and I hate to admit I'm feeding it, but my dogs actually seem to do ok on plain old Iams chunks or minichunks in the green bag. Honestly, its the only dry food my female can eat that doesn't cause mushy stools, and neither of my dogs have any gas at all.

I've heard people say chicken based dry foods cause gas, but the lamb based ones I've tried didn't agree with my dogs (gas and mushy stools both.)

jaygirl
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jaygirl » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:32 pm

What about Wellness fish and sweet potato? Jaydee used to be very gassy, now she has little gas.

X-girl

Postby X-girl » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:35 pm

jaygirl wrote:What about Wellness fish and sweet potato? Jaydee used to be very gassy, now she has little gas.

I think you might consider yourself lucky. lol

I hear Wellness Fish & Sweet Potato produces some really interesting smells but I've never fed it personally.

docdeath
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby docdeath » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:42 pm

dr961 wrote:
dawnapbt wrote:Actually, my dogs don't have "very bad gas" except on TW.... :) They have GAS with all foods, though, raw included.

***I know its terrible and I hate to admit I'm feeding it, but my dogs actually seem to do ok on plain old Iams chunks or minichunks in the green bag. Honestly, its the only dry food my female can eat that doesn't cause mushy stools, and neither of my dogs have any gas at all.

I've heard people say chicken based dry foods cause gas, but the lamb based ones I've tried didn't agree with my dogs (gas and mushy stools both.)

my girl Carmella tried the top 5 foods and had problems with them from smelly skin to gas you couldn't stand so i went to Iams in the green bag and no problems at all guess it is up to the dog what is best. :thumbsup:

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:10 pm

X-girl wrote:
jaygirl wrote:What about Wellness fish and sweet potato? Jaydee used to be very gassy, now she has little gas.

I think you might consider yourself lucky. lol

I hear Wellness Fish & Sweet Potato produces some really interesting smells but I've never fed it personally.

Um, yeah. Sidney did NOT do very well on Wellness. lol

Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Sarah » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:30 am

My dogs don't tend to be gassy as long as I don't feed corn or wheat. (actually, I don't know if the girls would be gassy on those, Elmo is, so I just stay away from them) No meat source bothers them, and no other grain. I don't bother doing gradual switches if I want to try a different food, they never have any kind of problem with any of them.

Except, that Tully is just coming off of a really nasty bout of gas and soft stool! lol I always pick them each up a bison bone when I'm buying a new bag of their kibble. This time, they didn't have the bone type I usually buy, which is just a few inch section of leg bone, with some marrow and meat on it, but not too much, and the bone too thick and hard to eat.

So I bought what they had, still the smallest I could find, but the bones were thinner and had more and more readily available marrow, plus being thinner, they could eat part of the bone.

Too rich for Tully, I think! My dogs often get bits of whatever, and usually it doesn't give them gas, but I guess this was just too big a portion for Tully. I hope they have our usual bones next time, since I'd hate to have to skip them.

Return to “Health Issues”