Whats wrong with Iams?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby SpudsBud » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:56 pm

Well then, I guess I'll stick with canidae. But I'm sure as hell not paying my locals stores blackmail prices, guess I'll have to do some driving to find a good reasonable source.

Ugh, but everyone I know with a dog keeps asking "Have you got him on Iams yet???" No one believes the animal abuse allegations. Does anyone have a link to some 'truth about iams' site or something?

Its funny how everyone who has a dog (or has ever had one) considers themselves an expert...I've been getting all sorts of crap advice lately.
SpudsBud

Postby PitbullGirl » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:11 pm

I've got two things to say:

#1 If PETA told me the sky was blue, I wouldn't believe them (chances are it's overcast and cloudy) We should all know by now that PETA is nothing more than a front for terrorism disgused behind animal liberation. They are wackos that kill more animals than they help and want complete annialation of our own beloved pitties. They lie, cheat, steal and support domestic terrorism. As far as the cruelty cases against Iams...I can't say I completely believe it.

#2 I don't use Iams...the quality isn't good enough for my animals and I won't use junk food like that...not because of the cruelty claims, but because the food is junk.
PitbullGirl

Postby damienApbt » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:53 pm

jeeze peta should push IAMs sinse they bearly use any animal products any way lol .

you're right.. i dont believe what peta says.. iams ingredients speak for themselves. still i think regardless of what peta says many ex-employees have come forward..
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby barbponys » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:45 pm

My deal is they are owned by Proctor and Gamble. Regardless of what PETA says about animal cruelty it's a known fact that P&G does do animal testing and have for decades. That's enough proof for me. For those that don't know how to read an ingredient list that fact alone should speak volumes.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby K » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:49 am

I know there is an IAMSKILLS website and it is true about the experimentation as we did get a statement from Iams themselves about it...of course they claim that the animal rights groups exaggerated it...but that cant be so becuse I saw the pictures of the Beagles myself...I have also seen covert video and heard audio tape ...I dont support PETA at all..but I dont believe they deliberately faked/exaggerated so many pieces of evidence againt just one company...what would be the point?
K

Previous

Return to Health Issues