Pit got sprayed by a skunk!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Pit got sprayed by a skunk!

Postby lt1pnyklr » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:14 pm

Tonight my dog was out playing by some bushes and I seen him chasing something around but couldnt really tell what it was. Then he started rolling around in the grass. I called him to me and he smelled horrible. I took him inside to bathe him and it just wouldnt go away. I had to wash him twice to get rid of the smell then he still stunk kinda. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you use to get rid of the odor?
lt1pnyklr

Postby Chocolate Thunda » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:05 am

May sound funny but rumor has it that Massengil douche works real well at removing the scent of the skunk from a dog. Not sure which scent though. lol If you are to scared to try pouring douche on you dog (why does this sound so funny) tomato juice works too.
Chocolate Thunda
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:08 am

Dr. Brawners... and time.....
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby lt1pnyklr » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:21 am

I washed him twice last night and the smell is no where near as bad as it was. It actually got on me from washing him and I had to take a damn shower, TWICE! lol
lt1pnyklr

Postby moto1320 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:54 pm

Where the hell is Dis....she had an awesome fix for this involving Tomato paste that works right away. The spray can harm a dog. I need to get that procedure and make a sticky....
moto1320
Regulator

Postby lt1pnyklr » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:40 pm

Please do. Im sure others will need it later on!
lt1pnyklr

Postby elizer » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:11 am

oh wow
i was at the vet getting bodhis stitches out and i saw a bottle full of Skunk Shampoo
i forget the brand name, but its made for pets so it should be safe?
elizer

Return to Health Issues