question about my dogs crop and Ear Posting...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

question about my dogs crop and Ear Posting...

Postby elizer » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:16 pm

hey my dogs stiches came off and they took off his tape
but i noticed that his right ear is leaning in more than the other, how do i prevent this? its been 7 days since they got done... should i go back and ask them to post them?
Last edited by elizer on Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
elizer

Postby elizer » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:58 pm

oh ya btw its only when he wrinkles his forehead
elizer

Postby whiskeyman » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:25 pm

Most crops are taped after the stitches are taken out. I'd call the vet and see if he/she tapes thier crops.

later
jeremy
whiskeyman

Postby elizer » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:07 am

they said to come back in 7 days to get them posted...

his right ear tips in a little when his forehead is crinkled

and the tip of his right ear is curling a little... how worried should i be, should i call and ask to do it asap?
elizer

Postby JessaNGizmo » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:45 am

I wanna see some pics! PLEASE!!
Jessa
JessaNGizmo

Postby elizer » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:11 am

haha
jess
i will try asap i just need to borrow a Digi cam
wanna send urs through the mail, ill return asap
lol
elizer

Postby Kara » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:40 pm

I would call the vet... we had the foam on Jada's ears for 3 weeks in total ( 1 with stitches, 2 without) and then we taped for 3 more additional weeks. Take him in and have them show you how to tape them properly. You would hate to go through all this and have one ear fall down...

Post pictures okay!!
Kara
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby elizer » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:44 pm

i called... they said its normal for the ear to flop back and forth for a little
they said to come in, in 7 days and then they will tape them up. and show me how. they told me to just massage the cartilage up and down

does this sound right?
i think they are pretty good because they are one of the only vets left doin crops in my area...
elizer

Postby mnp13 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:53 pm

elizer wrote:i think they are pretty good because they are one of the only vets left doin crops in my area...

Just because they are the only ones doing crops does not mean they are good - infact it could easily mean the exact opposite.

Stress to them that you are worried about the crop job and you want the ears taped NOW. I'm pretty sure that you can't tape them too soon, but too late and they will never look right.

Michelle
mnp13

Postby elizer » Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:14 pm

gotcha
thats exactly why i posted this
i saw picture of a pup that had his ear cropped on thi forum and the right one tilts in a little i don't want that to happen

this care sheet they gave me said to come back in a week to get them taped, but a week seem like too much healing time to me

i called and they said not to wrory about it but i think ill still make an appointment.
elizer

Return to Health Issues