raw eggs

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
anchorman

raw eggs

Postby anchorman » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:28 pm

is it best to feed the dog raw egg or cooked egg. i was reading up on it that it is good for dogs to eat, but it says the raw egg whites bind to the biotin that a dog ingests and prevents it from being absorbed, cooked eggs do not do this. my puppy is on premium authority food, and i wanted to add something to it and i heard eggs help with a shinier coat also? or is there something better to give than eggs? i don't want to move to a completely raw diet, because that seems like it would be more expensive than the 25$ a month for a huge bag of food (shes just 4 months now) anyone have a good diet they have their dog on that they love?

GTiSTiLE
Newborn Bully

Postby GTiSTiLE » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:09 pm

i dont have the answer to your question, but ive often wondered while cooking breakfast whether or not a raw egg in her food would benefit or not. that said, im right with you, i cant afford a pure raw diet. her diet now is completely bagged food (nutro puppy), and her coat is gorgeous and shiny as it is. i do however notice some dandruff from time to time...

X-girl

Postby X-girl » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:12 pm

Search this section for "eggs" and you will find lots of info.

I give Lola raw eggs every now and again. She gets just the yoke and the shell and I discard the whites. She would have a reaction if she ate the entire egg.

Return to “Health Issues”