Washington Butchers...?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Washington Butchers...?

Postby JaquelineC » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:21 pm

I've been giving my dogs raw meaty bones for a while now, but I've just been buying them at the grocery store, where the selection is slim, the price is high, and I worry about how fresh they are...

Does anyone in the WA area know of any good butchers who sell RMBs & other good stuff for dogs in bulk and/or at a good price?

Thanks!
Jaqueline
JaquelineC

Postby pocketpit » Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:38 pm

I don't know of anyone specifically but I've called local butchers in my area before, explained what I wanted, and most were more than willing to arrange something. Some of them sold stuff like that and some didn't but those who didn't were willing to hook me up.
pocketpit

Postby tankers12 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:58 pm

Do you have New Seasons or Wild Oats up there? They are not the cheapest but they've gotten into "pet food" (pretty much using what before would of been thrown away and jacking the price up). I don't know what you're feeding them but they have chicken backs, necks and turkey necks for sure. They can also order anything else.
tankers12

Postby mnp13 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:30 pm

Forget butchers - call a slaughter house. You can get them the same day the cow was killed. And CHEAP.

Michelle
mnp13

Return to Health Issues