Sick Dog...Help!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Sick Dog...Help!

Postby rsage22 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:41 pm

Hey, I just came home and when I let my dog out of her crate, she immediately went poop on my floor and then about a minute later threw up. I took her outside and before we even made it to the door she had to poop again :sad: . She went again outside by this time it was completely runny. After all this she still is in good sprits, and you would think she was normal except every now and then she starts to heave a little like she is going to throw up. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Such as should I feed her something special, is this something I should take her to the vet for? Any help would be good.
Thanks
rsage22

Re: Sick Dog...Help!

Postby dopeychristy » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:23 pm

rsage22 wrote:Hey, I just came home and when I let my dog out of her crate, she immediately went poop on my floor and then about a minute later threw up. I took her outside and before we even made it to the door she had to poop again :sad: . She went again outside by this time it was completely runny. After all this she still is in good sprits, and you would think she was normal except every now and then she starts to heave a little like she is going to throw up. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Such as should I feed her something special, is this something I should take her to the vet for? Any help would be good.
Thanks

Take her to the vet....I sure would! Dehydration is a big issue. Dogs with vomiting or loose stool can become dehydrated pretty fast.
dopeychristy

Postby JessaNGizmo » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:46 am

Is she drinking water?

Is she eating?

Did you change the dogs food anytime recently?

Could she have gotten in to anything that would cause an obstruction?

When feeding your dog put some water in there along with some cooked and cooled rice and answer those questions, and call your vet!
Jessa
Last edited by JessaNGizmo on Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
JessaNGizmo

Postby Hondovious » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:51 am

I would definately go to a vet. Change in diet can cause loose stool and make them not be able to hold it but the vomiting is cause for concern. If she just vomited once I would not be as worried but repeated heaving seems more serious.
Hondovious

Postby Kara » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:37 am

I agree... go see the vet. Its better to spend the $40 and have nothing wrong, then to not spend it, and have her suffering.. (if she is, :sad: , hopefully it is nothing though... :) )
When Jada was a pup, we went through this with her quite a bit.. not the vomiting, but the loose poops, and pooping ALL the time. For us, we just had to cut her food back, and it all went away. Wierd how just cutting back 1 cup per day prevented all that.
As far as the vomiting goes, I have no clue, so i wont even comment.

Good luck, and tell us what the vet says:

Kara
Kara
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Return to Health Issues