Beef based foods

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Beef based foods

Postby SBTdani » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:14 am

Just wondering if anyone here feeds a beef based food, and what their experience has been with it good and bad.

i currently feed a chicken based food, and i'm wondering if anyone can give me more info on the differences in the protein sources. Is beef a more complex protein to digest? Is it easier absorbed by the body? (dog body that is hehehe)

As usual, i'm toying with the idea of changing foods. i probably won't....but doesn't hurt to look! :thumbsup:
SBTdani

Postby Shattering Glass » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:55 pm

All I know about dog diets revolves around the needs of a Dalmatian lol So all I know is that beef is high in proteins and in purines, and high purines can lead to stone blockage in dogs more prone to urinary tract complications (more often males than females)

sorry I wasn't much help :oops:
Shattering Glass

Postby abman » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:58 pm

Ive always heard that beef is more ideal for bulldogs than chicken but dont know if its true.
abman
Matured Bully

Postby damienApbt » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:54 pm

i've heard that protien is protien. are you talking about dry food diet or raw diet?

as far as dry food. alergies aside, it doesnt matter too much as far as what the meat base is. chix, lamb, venison or beef. basically its just another selling point for food. whatever we think we would eat basically. but fish is different i think basically for the oils and all and for any alergies that might be in place for the meats.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby SBTdani » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:04 am

Thanks for the input guys.....

And shattering glass, you totally helped!
SBTdani

Return to Health Issues