Hair questions

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
snoopsnoop
Forum Junky

Postby snoopsnoop » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:22 pm

Do you also regularly supplement the Merrick with fish or omega 3 oil? My girl has skin allergies and I supplement with omega 3 otherwise her fur tends to thin out in spots......... just a thought. Oh, and I also give sea kelp.

I dont at the moment, and everytime I think about it, I am not in a place where I can get the supplement I want.

LindsaySF wrote:
You can try some anti-fungal shampoos too. I think Head & Shoulders is supposed to work. (Is that the one MissKiwi?)

I believe its Selsun Blue and Head and Shoulders Intensive... I think...

Yay! I dont have to go and spend 12.00 on anti-fungal shampoo online! lol Next time I go to Target, which will be soon, I have a shopping list! Fish oil and shampoo for snoops!

Some dogs have problems with nylon collars ripping the hair out of their dogs necks. This could be contributing to an existing problem. Can you try a collar that is lined with fabric?

If the hair is really gone I would agree that it would be a couple of months before you will notice the hair filling in.

Panalog works very well at healing areas. Muay has a really bad crop job and still scratches at her ears. When I use panalog on them they heal very fast.

The hair loss on his neck is due to the collar. It's a custom-done embroidered one from collarmania. I did opt for the ultra-suede lining, but the area where there is the hair lossis, is the actual martingale correction part of the collar where there isnt suede lining. I figured with as large of an area as it is where Snoopy is naked, it would take a decent amount of time to grow back. No worries, I have extra collars in the mean time. For the moment, he's runnin around without a fabric collar of any kind. He only has a show chain on.

Thanks for the good word about the Panalog! It will keep me motivated to use it, hearing such good things about the healing powers of the Panalog! lol

mareta
Newborn Bully

Postby mareta » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:03 pm

I had a fungal problem with a guinea pig, a friend adviced me on this product, and it worked....womens yeast infection medication. lol

my husband thought it was hilarious that I was putting monosat on a guineau pig-a male one at that, but ya know what ever works

Return to “Health Issues”