Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
I have grape vines in my back yard, and while I'm not sure about my PB's, I know that for the past 5 years my Basset has eaten literal pounds of fallen grapes, and is wonderfully healthy. What gives? I mean if it was only a couple of stray grapes, or just once or twice, but probably 2 lbs. a year for 5 years. By what I've read here in the "don't feed" sticky he should be dead, or horribly ill, but is perfectly fine.
- Patch O' Pits
- Addicted to PBF
- Posts: 13027
- Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:03 am
- Location: Northeastern, USA
Thanks, I just hit a few vet/animal health sites, and they all say that even less than 1 lb. is pretty much deadly, even with treatment most times. Holy crap! Toby is a total horse. Now I have to prune back all my vines I guess, heck they have been the summertime shade maker for my dogs for all these years. The info said type of grape doesn't matter, but these are wild muscadine grapes, not a man made cultivar, or hybrid if that matters.
The dog that i grew up with used to eat grapes (before we found out the dangers of raisins/grapes). We even had a game out of it....bowling for grapes. She was healthy, until the age of 13 when her kidney's have out. Did the grapes play a major role? That's a tough debate, however my parents, my sister and myself do not feed grapes to our dogs.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests