Would someone mind giving me some diet advice please?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
nic
Forum Junky

Would someone mind giving me some diet advice please?

Postby nic » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:15 pm

I'm trying to find a good quality dry food for my dogs,but here in the UK I can't find the brands you recommend,and I am not knowledgable enough to know which is the better brand to go with.
At the moment I feed my 2 younger dogs on 'Arden Grange',adult for my Boxer and Junior to my Terv who's 8 moths old.My Collie who'll be 14 in a couple of weeks has 'Nature Diet',but the ammountI'd have to feed the boys would be really expensive,and isn't practical.
The brands I'm considering are 'Burns Real Dog Food','James Wellbeloved',or 'Nutro Natural choice'.All of them do however contain ingredients which aren't ideal,I am strongly considering going to raw feeding,but I'm worried I'm not organized enough.
Most other brands we have are things like Pedigree,Eukanuba (Iams),Royal Canin(actually I was considering that too),and some real dodgy ones,none of which I'm interested in.I have seen good results with both Burns and James Wellbeloved,but now see they have these 'bad' ingredients.
So if anyone is bored and feels like taking a look at those brands' site,( I don't know how to copy them here) and giving me an opinion I'd be grateful. :)

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:55 pm

I would go with Royal Canin or Nutro Natural Choice. Or try one for three months, then the other for three months, and choose which one you and your dog like better.

NatX
Matured Bully

Postby NatX » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:40 pm

I could refer you to a couple of places if you would like to learn to prepare or recieve a raw diet. Send me a PM if your interested.

nic
Forum Junky

Postby nic » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:45 pm

thanks you two :) Natx i pm'd you

Return to “Health Issues”