My dog has decided he loves to eat acorns sometimes. I mentioned this to my boss, and he said they are toxic to dogs and that he knew someone's dog that died due to eating acorns. Something about kidney problems.
Has anyone else heard of this? He's been eating them for a while now with no noticable side effects. My dad also says their cocker eats acorns all the time. Should I be worried?
Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Other than a good dose of tannic acid, I don't know of anything that would hurt a dog. They probably can't get anough tannic acid to do any damage from acorns. I have seen coyotes eating them out deer hunting. Seems like most forest critters. I don't stop my pup from chowing on the one's in our yard.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], MSNbot Media and 2 guests