Wet Spots

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
EmmasMom
Addicted to PBF

Wet Spots

Postby EmmasMom » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:16 pm

So, this is kinda weird and not sure if it should be in health or not. When Emma is sleeping and then gets up we notice a pretty good size wet spot where her bum was. This hasn't happened on the bed yet (thankfully) only on the couch and in the truck on the comforter that's on the back seat. It's not urine cause when I clean it up it has no smell or color. I have NO clue what it is...any thoughts? It doesn't happen all the time though, once maybe twice a week is all.

KadillacGrrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby KadillacGrrl » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:27 pm

Are you sure she's not licking herself?

No smell could still be small amounts of leaked urine??

EmmasMom
Addicted to PBF

Postby EmmasMom » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:34 pm

She does lick herself quite a bit, but not all the time...I've done the urine-black-light thingy and it doesn't glow or whatever urine does.

deeviousD
Matured Bully

Postby deeviousD » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:35 am

I see the same thing with Maggie......it also has no smell, just a huge wet spot. I finally chalked it up to her licking herself and getting carried away, or something leaking out and her trying to clean it up causing a wet spot by licking the bed/couch/covers where her butt is.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:16 am

the anal sac leask and then they lick it to clean it up.( I have watched my dog do this )

EmmasMom
Addicted to PBF

Postby EmmasMom » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:02 am

Ewww...thanks! :)

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:11 am

EmmasMom wrote:Ewww...thanks! :)

roflmao
your welcome

Annika
Addicted to PBF

Postby Annika » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:52 am

pblove wrote:the anal sac leask and then they lick it to clean it up.( I have watched my dog do this )

But I would think that if it was the anal sac, it would have the awful fishy smell (even though they tried to clean it up). That smell is intense; licking it up wouldn't make it odorless I would think.

KadillacGrrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby KadillacGrrl » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:07 am

Annika wrote:
pblove wrote:the anal sac leask and then they lick it to clean it up.( I have watched my dog do this )

But I would think that if it was the anal sac, it would have the awful fishy smell (even though they tried to clean it up). That smell is intense; licking it up wouldn't make it odorless I would think.

EXCACTLY! Oh BOY does it stink.

EmmasMom
Addicted to PBF

Postby EmmasMom » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:26 pm

Well, went to the vet today and seh gave us some medication for incontience for Emma. We'll see if that works... :dunno:

Ajathedog
Newborn Bully

Postby Ajathedog » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:17 pm

my guess is licking. one of our pits will lick anything, and especially loves licking the comforter on our bed. if left unchecked, there will be 8 inch diameter wet spots of saliva.
if it was an anal sac leaking, you'd know it. it stinks really badly!

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:26 pm

well Paige is a good cleaner upper, because after she has done enough lickng, it does not stink.(but smells like rotten fish initially)

tia_leigha
Addicted to PBF

Postby tia_leigha » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:10 am

I have a pit/boxer mix at my moms. She is about 7 this may. About 2 yrs ago, mys sister and I exercised her a lot. We ran a lot- Wiggy would gorge herself with water, and then go lay on the couch to nap. What would happen is, as soon as she relaxed- her bladder would just relax as well and of course release pee. We never scolded her, it wasn't her fault-just an accident. The vet gave us some meds that would help control her bladder. She said it wasn't old age. It was just a very exhausted dog! :) ..You may want to get it checked out. It could be the anal glands releasing fluids, but she could also just be exhausted and peeing on accident! :)

*We found lots of spots like you mentioned on the couch after her naps. Big round wet spots that smelled sweaty/pee-like*

~!Sasha!~
Newborn Bully

Postby ~!Sasha!~ » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:30 pm

Annika wrote:

Yeah, I've had that problem with Chico (who was sleeping on my bed when it happened). It really does smell bad. Yuck. :yucky:

gaara576

Postby gaara576 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:27 pm

does she lick a lot? my poodle licks the couch and leaves big wet spots

Return to “Health Issues”