What IS that!?!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
~!Sasha!~
Newborn Bully

Postby ~!Sasha!~ » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:59 pm

Alright guys I went to the vet today. Chico has a respiratory infection. :crybaby: The doc described it to me as a bad chest cold. The sad part is that being that I don't get paid like I should, I didn't have the funds to get his meds. I managed to irritate the woman at the front desk because I walked in without money but I needed to see what was wrong with my dog. :sad: I DID get enough money to pay off his check up fee or walk-in fee thing which was 40 bucks alone. His meds were 40 also but they will have to wait unfortunately until I get the money to get them. At least I know it's not kennel cough or anything else. Thanks for the input from you guys, I really appreciate your concerns. I will check back in and let you all know how he's doing in case he starts to get worse and if you guys can see it before I can.

~Thanks!

PitBullPride

Postby PitBullPride » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:16 pm

~!Sasha!~ wrote:Alright guys I went to the vet today. Chico has a respiratory infection. :crybaby: The doc described it to me as a bad chest cold. The sad part is that being that I don't get paid like I should, I didn't have the funds to get his meds. I managed to irritate the woman at the front desk because I walked in without money but I needed to see what was wrong with my dog. :sad: I DID get enough money to pay off his check up fee or walk-in fee thing which was 40 bucks alone. His meds were 40 also but they will have to wait unfortunately until I get the money to get them. At least I know it's not kennel cough or anything else. Thanks for the input from you guys, I really appreciate your concerns. I will check back in and let you all know how he's doing in case he starts to get worse and if you guys can see it before I can.

~Thanks!

Call back up to the vet and ask him if he was going to put him on Cephalexin (aka Keflex) ...... we use this alot to treat URI (I work for a vet) If so, I can mail you some!!!

~!Sasha!~
Newborn Bully

Postby ~!Sasha!~ » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:04 pm

PitBullPride wrote:
~!Sasha!~ wrote:Alright guys I went to the vet today. Chico has a respiratory infection. :crybaby: The doc described it to me as a bad chest cold. The sad part is that being that I don't get paid like I should, I didn't have the funds to get his meds. I managed to irritate the woman at the front desk because I walked in without money but I needed to see what was wrong with my dog. :sad: I DID get enough money to pay off his check up fee or walk-in fee thing which was 40 bucks alone. His meds were 40 also but they will have to wait unfortunately until I get the money to get them. At least I know it's not kennel cough or anything else. Thanks for the input from you guys, I really appreciate your concerns. I will check back in and let you all know how he's doing in case he starts to get worse and if you guys can see it before I can.

~Thanks!

Call back up to the vet and ask him if he was going to put him on Cephalexin (aka Keflex) ...... we use this alot to treat URI (I work for a vet) If so, I can mail you some!!!

I will do that first thing on my lunch break tomorrow. It's breaking me apart to see him so not himself. If you are willing to send the meds (if it's what he needs) then you will always have a special place in my heart for saving my baby from this infection. It's not too often you find wonderful people like you. I'm just overjoyed that you offered. You're an angel. :) *sniffle*

Pitbullkisses15

Postby Pitbullkisses15 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:19 pm

My youngest female husky, Denali, had a terrible reverse sneeze at one point. It got really bad to where she could hardly do anything without having a "fit". We knew something was up when she wasn't her self, and she would close her eyes for a while after it was over and just sit there. We took her in, they didn't find anything in her nose, but did determine it was causing a sore throat (her throat was raw). So she prescribed prednisone to see if it would help, and after a few days the sneezes became less frequent and eventually stopped.

I'm sorry to hear your baby is sick. What a nice offer PitbullPride.

Hope your baby gets to feeling better soon!

PitBullPride

Postby PitBullPride » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:00 pm

~!Sasha!~ wrote:
PitBullPride wrote:

~Thanks!

I will do that first thing on my lunch break tomorrow. It's breaking me apart to see him so not himself. If you are willing to send the meds (if it's what he needs) then you will always have a special place in my heart for saving my baby from this infection. It's not too often you find wonderful people like you. I'm just overjoyed that you offered. You're an angel. :) *sniffle*

Find out and let me know! I will be back online tomorrow evening....if so, find out the milligram also and PM me with your shipping addy.

nic
Forum Junky

Postby nic » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:22 am

I know I won't be able to explain this properley,so bare with me!

Short muzzled breeds,which many of the Bully breeds are,often have problems with their soft palates being too long..'elongated soft palates',and when they are hot or excited it can actually obstruct their airways,and make the 'honking' noise.

Not saying this is the case here at all,obviously its not,but I know not many people who own dogs which have this problem know about it,and really they ought to,so thought it might be relevant in this thread?

Mayb be an idea to google 'elongated soft palates' I'm sure that'll make more sense than me lol.

~!Sasha!~
Newborn Bully

Postby ~!Sasha!~ » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:42 pm

I called the vet and the name is Clavamox, used to fight infections.

In Chico's case, to Nic, he doesn't really have a short muzzle. I guess its because he's still a puppy but his nose looks pretty long for a pitbull. But that is a nice little piece of advice to share since I'm not too familiar with things like that. :)

PitBullPride

Postby PitBullPride » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:06 pm

~!Sasha!~ wrote:I called the vet and the name is Clavamox, used to fight infections.

In Chico's case, to Nic, he doesn't really have a short muzzle. I guess its because he's still a puppy but his nose looks pretty long for a pitbull. But that is a nice little piece of advice to share since I'm not too familiar with things like that. :)

I have Clavamox tablets.......don't know what milligram you need

~!Sasha!~
Newborn Bully

Postby ~!Sasha!~ » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:44 pm

Damn I didn't ask them for the miligram dosage. :po:
And since you are sort of familiar with his illness, do you recommend any tips or advice to keep it from getting worse. And how could he come up with a RI in the first place? Just prior to it, he was in a pound for 2 days. Might that have anything to do with it?

Return to “Health Issues”