! Non-Pitbull - puppy EMERGENCY. Help please... !

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
DankInk

! Non-Pitbull - puppy EMERGENCY. Help please... !

Postby DankInk » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:35 pm

Hey guys, so I know this isn't pitbull related but any help is appreciated.

My gf's mom has a chihuaha puppy that started going into seizure, then foamed at the mouth and pooped and pee'd while foaming at the mouth.
We're thinking my gf's 4 year old brother might have done something to cause this since he's acting suspiciously worried.

That whole seizure/foaming at the mouth lasted about 5 minutes from what they tell me, but now that it's calmed down, the puppy cries nonstop and walks somewhat sideways (as if it were drunk).

I'm thinking that if the little boy had something to do with it, maybe he injured the dog's neck but, I don't know if that would cause it to foam at the mouth. Also, maybe he gave it something that could be harmful to the puppy? What do you think?

The puppy is a 7 week old male I believe.

Any help is appreciated guys. Thanks.

zoo_mom85
Bully Ambassador

Postby zoo_mom85 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:43 pm

I think you need to take him to the vet. It could be anything from poisoning of a plant to an allergic reaction to flea shampoo...GO TO A VET! SOON!

beckerhead
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby beckerhead » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:46 pm

VET NOW.
YES NOW.
R U THERE YET?
GO!

DankInk

Postby DankInk » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:47 pm

Ok I got an update...

They finally got the little boy to talk. Turns out that he pushed the puppy off the sofa after it bit him. The dog hit his head on the coffee table there and that caused him to go into shock or ... seizure.

They called a local vet that told them to feed it ice to help with swelling and to take him to the vet in the morning so I guess they're going to wait it out and follow the vet's temporary instructions.

But if anybody has anything that could help... anything that you know of related to this, please let me know so I can pass it on.
My g/f's family lives 5 hours from here so I cant physically do anything, except pass the word.

Thanks for helping zoo_mom.

DankInk

Postby DankInk » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:48 pm

Oh and thanks beckerhead.

Are vets even open 24 hours?

Fenriswolf
Addicted to PBF

Postby Fenriswolf » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:51 pm

DankInk wrote:Oh and thanks beckerhead.

Are vets even open 24 hours?

Yes! It'll cost more, but GO

zoo_mom85
Bully Ambassador

Postby zoo_mom85 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:51 pm

DankInk wrote:Ok I got an update...

They finally got the little boy to talk. Turns out that he pushed the puppy off the sofa after it bit him. The dog hit his head on the coffee table there and that caused him to go into shock or ... seizure.

They called a local vet that told them to feed it ice to help with swelling and to take him to the vet in the morning so I guess they're going to wait it out and follow the vet's temporary instructions.

But if anybody has anything that could help... anything that you know of related to this, please let me know so I can pass it on.
My g/f's family lives 5 hours from here so I cant physically do anything, except pass the word.

Thanks for helping zoo_mom.

Not a problem but he really needs to be at a vet like now, Immediatly after the seizure, that should have been an emergency trip to the vet. How old is the Lil Boy and why was he left unsupervised with the Puppy? I never leave my kids alone with my animals, they are all babies who dont understand the concept of rough and hurt. The puppy needs to be checked on every half hour or so...just pm me!

egostang
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby egostang » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:00 am

Sounds like the little brat did more than push the dog. :po:

Poor pup.

DankInk

Postby DankInk » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:02 am

Yeah I know... but I just called my gf to pass the message on to her mom to get it to the vet right now instead of waiting. I'll even help out with costs if need be. Thanks for all the input guys. I'll keep updating as I find things out.

-Juan

Fenriswolf
Addicted to PBF

Postby Fenriswolf » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:03 am

DankInk wrote:Yeah I know... but I just called my gf to pass the message on to her mom to get it to the vet right now instead of waiting. I'll even help out with costs if need be. Thanks for all the input guys. I'll keep updating as I find things out.

-Juan

Hopefully he's OK! The falling on his head may or may not have anything to do with it - it may mean he has a concussion as well as having seizures!

Looking forward to updates

Loribl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Loribl » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:03 am

Head injuries can cause seizures. The boy could have just pushed him off and this could happen. As a kid, I would have wanted to push the little dog off if it had bitten me. I am not making excuses for the kid OR the dog. Make double darned sure these two are not left alone again. A 4 mo old puppy is MOUTHY, no matter what the breed!

Keep us posted on this little guy.

DankInk

Postby DankInk » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:12 am

The boy is 4 years old. The puppy is 7 weeks old.

I just got word that out where my gf's mom lives, since it's a pretty small town, they only have 1 or 2 vets at the most, and that neither of them are open 24 hours. So they're forced to wait til the morning.

Fenriswolf
Addicted to PBF

Postby Fenriswolf » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:15 am

DankInk wrote:The boy is 4 years old. The puppy is 7 weeks old.

7 weeks?! :wow

I just got word that out where my gf's mom lives, since it's a pretty small town, they only have 1 or 2 vets at the most, and that neither of them are open 24 hours. So they're forced to wait til the morning.

Oh no. Surely the local vet could be contacted by cellphone?

DankInk

Postby DankInk » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:17 am

Fenriswolf wrote:
DankInk wrote:The boy is 4 years old. The puppy is 7 weeks old.

7 weeks?! :wow

Oh no. Surely the local vet could be contacted by cellphone?

I'm not sure... I dont know if they've provided an on-call number or not.

zoo_mom85
Bully Ambassador

Postby zoo_mom85 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:20 am

Hey guys, I just pmed him and sent him all the local info for an emergency vet. including the # there is a 24 hour clinic not even 5 miles from there

Return to “Health Issues”