Vaccination debate article

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
concreterose

Vaccination debate article

Postby concreterose » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:48 am

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:00 am

Those graphs hugely contradict what I've learned from my public health courses. I seriously question their sources.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:12 am

Wow. I thought a "debate" had both sides of the situation or argument?
That was very 1 sided, not exactly a "debate".

mydogsarethepits
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby mydogsarethepits » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:13 pm

I was vaccinated against Measles as a child, and then in High School.
I got Red Measles when I was 26 and it nearlyy killed me when we had an outbreak. I was in quarrantine in the Hospital for a few days too...it was crazy.

I think some people have stronger immune systems than others........I have had Chicken Pox twice, and I was told if you get in once your immune (LOL)

I just like to be Spotty I think lol

I do think there is such a thing as over vaccinating animals or children etc....but I have not decided what amount I think is appropriate yet.

Tortiebaby
Newborn Bully

Postby Tortiebaby » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:23 pm

I never got my vaccines ;_;

My mother didn't believe in vaccines so never took me to get them when I was a child :frown:

I've never been sick in my life except for the common cold and such. I've also never broken a bone. That's no fun! LOL!

I don't know what's going to happen if the gov. decides to change the laws and requires that everyone get vaccinated. Let's just hope that never happens, cause I HATE needles! :tongue:

egostang
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby egostang » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:54 pm

The body becomes immune to disease by experiencing weak forms of the disease which is exactly what a vaccination is.

Bacterial infections cannot be vaccinated, your body has to fight them off each time.

Viral infections can SOMETIMES be vaccinated against but some mutate every season such as influenza and the common cold. This is the same reason a "cure" for AIDS has not been found. The HIV virus mutates so frequently that a vaccine would not work. For the same reason, you can get a flu shot but still get the flu that season because the vaccine developers just use their best guess at which strain will be prominant the coming season.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:51 pm

egostang wrote:The body becomes immune to disease by experiencing weak forms of the disease which is exactly what a vaccination is.

But what about the forms that AREN'T weak? You don't get to pick which pathogens you are exposed to. Personally, I think humans are vaccinated just about right. Vaccinations at childhood, and then every 10 years as adults. I need to get my rabies titer checked this year, so we'll see what kind of "immunity" I have...

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:53 pm

Misskiwi67 wrote:
egostang wrote:The body becomes immune to disease by experiencing weak forms of the disease which is exactly what a vaccination is.

But what about the forms that AREN'T weak? You don't get to pick which pathogens you are exposed to. Personally, I think humans are vaccinated just about right. Vaccinations at childhood, and then every 10 years as adults. I need to get my rabies titer checked this year, so we'll see what kind of "immunity" I have...

I think it's so ironic that people THINK we don't need vaccines. I guess they've never heard of "herd immunity". Thank God for herd immunity...

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:59 pm

Brutus's Mommy
Addicted to PBF

Postby Brutus's Mommy » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:03 pm

I have heard all of the arguments against vaccinations (especially being on a preg/parenting board right now!!) but I still choose to vaccinate my children and myself.

rednoseErnie
Forum Junky

Postby rednoseErnie » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:33 pm

Misskiwi67 wrote:

great post.

vaccines are one of the greatest medical inventions of all time. They have a pretty low rate if side effects, because all they really do is stimulate the immune system.

I've never seen concrete evidence that vaccines cause things like autism, a claim I've seen throwm around a lot; I believe that its all speculative are correlative.

mydogsarethepits
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby mydogsarethepits » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:42 pm

Both of my kids have been vaccinated with ALL the standard vaccines and they had a Chicken Pox Vaccine last year.
Until I see stronger evidence against vaccinating your kids......I will keep up with the standard vaccines.

I also lived in England when the BSE (Mad Cow) was going down.....there seems to be something new in the area of diseases all the time....It pretty scary.

Sirian
Super Bully

Postby Sirian » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:32 pm

I don't know what's going to happen if the gov. decides to change the laws and requires that everyone get vaccinated. Let's just hope that never happens, cause I HATE needles!

The government will never require everyone to be vaccinated, there are religions that do not believe in vaccinations, people with certain medical conditions that cannot be vaccinated, people that question vaccinations in general, not to mention they would be setting themselves up for some serious liability issues if they forced everyone to be vaccinated.

They have a pretty low rate if side effects, because all they really do is stimulate the immune system.

That is incorrect just look at the VAERS reports for example and consider the fact many side effects are not reported. Side effects can be anything from fevers to death.

I've never seen concrete evidence that vaccines cause things like autism, a claim I've seen throw around a lot; I believe that its all speculative are correlative.

I've never seen anything proving that vaccinations do not cause autism. I take my children to a large pediatric practice that is known for being very naturally minded, most people that go there do not vaccinate their children. This is an interesting article about the practice and rate of autism http://www.homefirst.com/autism_dan_olmstead.html. I dont believe that vaccines cause 100% of the cases of autism and I realize the article is not scientific evidence but it certainly is thought provoking.

Autism aside, I seriously question the safety of vaccinations, just look at the old polio vaccine and SV 40. Sure those people were protected from polio but now they are dying of cancer... I have weighed the pros and cons of vaccinating and I think the risk far outweight the benefits.

Tortiebaby
Newborn Bully

Postby Tortiebaby » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:30 am

I'm not sure if it's true, but my mother always told me that there were more deaths caused from the vaccines than from the diseases they were supposed to protect you from. Again, I don't know if that 100% true, it's ust what my mom said.

However,there is one thing that true: some vaccines contain aborted baby cells in them. How sick is that! I don't think I would want my children to have an aborted baby's cells put in him/her. Makes me wanna barf thinking about it! :yucky:

Tortiebaby
Newborn Bully

Postby Tortiebaby » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:42 am

Here's proof, in case ya'll think I'm lieing:

http://www.eadshome.com/vaccines.htm

http://www.cogforlife.org/vaticanresponse.htm

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20 ... ccines.htm

http://www.informedchoice.info/cocktail.html (this is a list of the ingredients in vaccines, when reading it look under the "animal by-products" column and you'll see the human ingredients ;_;)

*** http://www.vaccination.inoz.com/ingredie.html *** Everyone should read this one, it tells you all the horrid stuff the vaccines contain, including: antifreeze, mercury, formaldehyde, latex, etc...)

Return to “Health Issues”