Tigga was attacked by another pitbull. BAD Gash in his neck!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
KreeZ
Newborn Bully

Tigga was attacked by another pitbull. BAD Gash in his neck!

Postby KreeZ » Mon May 07, 2007 9:05 pm

OMG This is bad. Tigga ran off from me today. From me yelling and calling him he ran to another pit bull . Tigga is not a fighter and was mostly playing with the dog. I had to pull tigga apart from the other dog. He had a real good grip on his neck. Now he has a deep cut on his neck. He breathing funny and holding his head over to one size. This could not happen at a better time. I just got put out of my house and I have no money. Ive called around to see if there was a emergency vet clinic where I could take him. Everyone says no and my only option would be to apply for carecredit, which I was denied. I dont know what Im going to do. I really only have this dog and I cant loose him. I would pawn somthing but I dont have anything left. Is there anything I could do. I really need him. Im located in dallas texas. Please any info would be apprecieated.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Mon May 07, 2007 9:48 pm

Can anyone help you? How about a local shelter? The gash must be pretty deep if your dog is having a difficult time breathing! How is he doing right now?

annSweet
Newborn Bully

Postby annSweet » Mon May 07, 2007 9:51 pm

Contact the Dallas Humane Society, they may be able to help you, they have a low cost clinic

X-girl

Postby X-girl » Mon May 07, 2007 9:53 pm

I have no advice I just want to say that I hope Tigga is OK. Please keep us posted.

Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Murfins » Mon May 07, 2007 10:08 pm

Please let us know how he is doing as soon as you can. Poor boy! :frown:

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Mon May 07, 2007 10:09 pm

oh man, I hope he is going to be alright!!
try pbrc, (pit bull rescue central)see if they can help in an emergency?
let me see if I can find another link I had saved for emergencies like this

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Mon May 07, 2007 10:23 pm

start looking in this search, cannot find the other link I was looking for
http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=financial+aid+for+dog+emergency&mkt=en-us&FORM=LVCP

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Mon May 07, 2007 11:25 pm

How deep is this cut? Half inch or more?How long? Did it bleed for some time?
Have you cleaned up the area very well? Use soap and water if you do not have anything else available and then buy an antibiotic cream to apply all over the cut.
What you want to make sure of is that there are no puncture wounds as those are more likely to cause an infection when the top layers close up.
How much does your regular vet charge for an office visit? Most vet charge between $35.00 and $ 50.00. Can you at least borrow enough money to take him in and get an opinion?Friends, parents..?

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Tue May 08, 2007 7:38 am

How is Tigga???????????

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Tue May 08, 2007 8:44 am

Oh no!

Please let us know how the pup is

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Tue May 08, 2007 10:33 am

I got up this morning thinking about that dog! How is he?

Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Murfins » Tue May 08, 2007 10:35 am

Me too. Any updates??

KreeZ
Newborn Bully

Postby KreeZ » Tue May 08, 2007 10:54 am

Well guys Im still looking for some help. I have run out of options. I dont know where to go. Thanks for all the advice. I did clean the wound as best as I could. I've applied to several of the grant places like help-a-pet.org and imom.org, and PPRC and seems like I have no luck . I want to take him and then explain my finacial situation. IM going to go clean the wound again today. Tigga is still happy, but I can tell he is in alot of pain. All I can do is treat him myself and hope for the best results. I just hope it dont get infected. Any tips for me would help alot. Thanks guys. I feel so bad about this. I just know I cant let him die, like I said. He's all I got

Brutus's Mommy
Addicted to PBF

Postby Brutus's Mommy » Tue May 08, 2007 10:55 am

Do you have a checkbook? Find a vet that takes checks, write out a bad check and deal with those consequences later. Your dog should not suffer because you don't have the financial backing to get adequate and necessary care. Do it NOW before the wound becomes infected and the bill becomes even more.

Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby Noriko525 » Tue May 08, 2007 11:35 am

KreeZ wrote:Well guys Im still looking for some help. I have run out of options. I dont know where to go. Thanks for all the advice. I did clean the wound as best as I could. I've applied to several of the grant places like help-a-pet.org and imom.org, and PPRC and seems like I have no luck . I want to take him and then explain my finacial situation. IM going to go clean the wound again today. Tigga is still happy, but I can tell he is in alot of pain. All I can do is treat him myself and hope for the best results. I just hope it dont get infected. Any tips for me would help alot. Thanks guys. I feel so bad about this. I just know I cant let him die, like I said. He's all I got

Can you please tell us more about the cut? Is it long? deep? both? still bleeding? Is the area swollen? Where exactly on his neck? Is he still tilting his head sideways and having trouble breathing? What did you use to clean it?

I hate to even say this as I am NOT a vet and would rather you take him in to see one then to treat it yourself but I myself was in a rather sticky situation once when Treyce cut the side of his foot on a peice of glass. WHAT WORKED FOR ME, was to clean it with hydrogen peroxide (1/2 hydro, 1/2 water, hydrogen peroxide kills germs but can also kill of healthy tissue so dilute it) and neosporin or polysporin. I would put the neosporin on, wrap his foot for a while so it could absorb and then take the wrap off so the cut could get air and dry. If it's in a spot he's able to lick, make sure he can't lick it as that could lead to infection. You should try and call around to vets to see if any of them will take payments... some vets will set up payment plans. If his cut gets infected, it could really get nasty. Again, this is just what I did... this is NOT my reccomendation to you but it did work and his cut healed up fine so I'm just offering some suggestions that might help while you find a vet that can help.

Return to “Health Issues”