Tigga was attacked by another pitbull. BAD Gash in his neck!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Tue May 08, 2007 7:31 pm

Maryellen wrote:do NOT issue a bad check. some states have laws where if you bounce a check you can go to jail...

I agree - those things can hurt you for a LONG long time! And if it's found you deliberately did it...well you COULD wind up in jail.
Hey, can you post a pic of her neck!?

Brutus's Mommy
Addicted to PBF

Postby Brutus's Mommy » Tue May 08, 2007 7:31 pm

msvette2u wrote:
Maryellen wrote:do NOT issue a bad check. some states have laws where if you bounce a check you can go to jail...

I agree - those things can hurt you for a LONG long time! And if it's found you deliberately did it...well you COULD wind up in jail.
Hey, can you post a pic of her neck!?

Maybe my bank is different. My bank covers bad checks and I just pay the bank back (not that I routinely do it, I've just found out by accident :oops: )

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Tue May 08, 2007 7:40 pm

Well yeah that's one way it could go but then again even so, most stores, if they come back bad, will put you on a list, regardless of if your bank covers it (eventually).

Brutus's Mommy
Addicted to PBF

Postby Brutus's Mommy » Tue May 08, 2007 8:51 pm

msvette2u wrote:Well yeah that's one way it could go but then again even so, most stores, if they come back bad, will put you on a list, regardless of if your bank covers it (eventually).

Maybe my bank is just really good, because it never goes back to the store. :oops: They literally cover it at the time of presentation, and the store (or whomever) never knows there was a lack of funds.

Maybe my advice was bad, I was just going by how it is in my state and with my own bank. Please check your own personal situation first! :oops:

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Tue May 08, 2007 8:55 pm

Brutus's Mommy wrote:
msvette2u wrote:Well yeah that's one way it could go but then again even so, most stores, if they come back bad, will put you on a list, regardless of if your bank covers it (eventually).

Maybe my bank is just really good, because it never goes back to the store. :oops: They literally cover it at the time of presentation, and the store (or whomever) never knows there was a lack of funds.

Maybe my advice was bad, I was just going by how it is in my state and with my own bank. Please check your own personal situation first! :oops:

The banks in my area USED to do that too, until all the city people started invading, now everything has changed for the worse here.
People writing bad checks is one of the main reasons why vets won;t let you run a bill anymore.

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Tue May 08, 2007 10:07 pm

Can you post a picture of the cut?

Blue1514
Newborn Bully

Postby Blue1514 » Wed May 09, 2007 11:17 am

No credit card you can charge it on? Then make minimum payments? Some doctors (maybe vets) offer credit cards for surgeries that aren't covered by insurance. You can apply in the office and have the surgery done that day. I had very expensive dental work done once and my insurance only covered a few thousand so I had to apply for a dental credit card and paid off the rest in a year. I don't know if vets offer this, but I think it might be worth a try if you don't have any other means of paying. Good luck.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Wed May 09, 2007 1:56 pm

Our vet will take a downpayment and up to 3 more checks for the balance, we used to write them to be cashed on our pay days.

KreeZ
Newborn Bully

Postby KreeZ » Wed May 09, 2007 4:46 pm

Lizzie wrote:
KeelazMom wrote:So nice to hear that all these animal hospitals only care about your money huh :po:

I don't think it's the vet's fault when people decide to get a dog they can't afford to care for.

People are always so quick to blame everyone besides themselves when they can't take care of their responsibilities.

I actually got tigga out of a very bad situation. He was with a person who crated im over 12 hours at a time. He had no vaccinations or deworm. I feel like Im the best thing that happen to him, he know it too Im not going to really get into my personal problems and post them here on PBF but I am going through serious problems both personal and family. I love this dog more than most people. He is my best friend and I might cant afford him right now but Im going to go try everything in my power to get him right. I havent ate in 2 days because of this. I think I found a guy to buy my car so Im getting him in ASAP. I would post pictures but I had to pawn my digital camera a month ago for other reasons. No matter what anybody thinks Im not going to give up on my best friend. THanks Daphnrsmom for the info

KreeZ
Newborn Bully

Postby KreeZ » Wed May 09, 2007 4:48 pm

sorry wrong quote I was quote "Lizzie" with that "people souldnt get dogs they cant afford crap...its a long story behind how I got this dog.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Wed May 09, 2007 4:53 pm

How is he doing today?

Lizzie
Bully Ambassador

Postby Lizzie » Wed May 09, 2007 5:37 pm

KreeZ wrote:sorry wrong quote I was quote "Lizzie" with that "people souldnt get dogs they cant afford crap...its a long story behind how I got this dog.

Ok, it's not crap. I was speaking in generalities, not on your specific dog. I was speaking to people blaming the vet when the patient can't pay. It's not the vet's fault. Either way, how come you addressed the first part of my post but not the second? I wrote this:

Lizzie wrote:OP, I would be very interested to know what IMOM said to your application. When I applied for JJ's hip surgery they responded to me that very evening and were very quick to respond with all future emails. The application process is rather lengthy, requiring recent bank statements and pay stubs, etc...could you possibly have already gotten all that information to them already and they wouldn't help you? :huh?: What do you mean you "had no luck" with them after only one day?

You CAN get help from these organizations...from the sounds of it, you certainly qualify, so I'm wondering why you haven't pursued this? Surely every organization can't have turned you down if you're in such a desperate financial situation? Organizations like IMOM work quickly, because that's in the best interest of the dog. Did you apply? Join their forum? Send them the paperwork they require?

KreeZ
Newborn Bully

Postby KreeZ » Thu May 24, 2007 4:51 pm

Update: I just wanted to let you guys know that Tigga is doing ok, I pretty much doctored it myself. I got him some Penicillin and kept the wound clean. It looks pretty good, seems as if it got smaller every day. Thanks for all the advice from everybody. I was just so worried about him but he wild as ever now....thanks alot
:thumbsup:

amazingcc
Adolescent Bully

Postby amazingcc » Thu May 24, 2007 4:56 pm

I'm glad Tigga is feeling better. :thumbsup:

temple
Newborn Bully

Postby temple » Fri May 25, 2007 5:00 pm

Glad he is better, but hope he doesn't get infection or have any permanent damage. It does really suck about vet offices and payment. There is not veterinary clinic in my city (that I know of) that will bill you for payment. They want the cash/check THEN and THERE. It's ridiculous. It's almost worse than human healthcare. :frown:

Return to “Health Issues”