I Have a Pit Cow

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Ntchwaidumela
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

I Have a Pit Cow

Postby Ntchwaidumela » Tue May 08, 2007 10:25 pm

Hiya Everyone-

With spring well on its way and summer not too far off, our lawn has exploded with new grass.

Now, everytime Jake goes out there to play or do his business, he always makes himself a grass salad.

I've already done the "seach" thing, and it seems that if your dog is doing fine, doesn't have any stomach, stool problems, its okay for a little grazing. But I was wondering if anyone can shed any new light on this issue or has nothing changed?

Jake seen the vet a little over a month ago and got a clean bill of health and his poop is as firm and stink as ever (except when I give him liver, then he might get the *squirts*. So after evertime that happens I hafta get a towel after him . . . ewwwww :crybaby: )

So, if anyone has heard anything new, please let us know.

Thanks,
E :headbang:

BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby BrokenAquarian » Wed May 09, 2007 12:26 am

I have goats lol

You know when you mow the lawn and the mower spits out the chunks of grass that look like cow patties?

Keela LOVES THOSE!!

She will run around and gobble them up - even after they've been sitting out a few days and are dry and crunchy - but she loves them even more when they're fresh.

I call them Vegetarian Cow Pies lol

Ntchwaidumela
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Ntchwaidumela » Wed May 09, 2007 2:12 am

roflmao

bll516
Super Bully

Postby bll516 » Wed May 09, 2007 8:15 am

jameson does that to. It's normal for them to do that. But sometimes after he goes to the bathroom he gets a piece of grass stuck in his ass. He did it last night and my bf had to take a napkin and pull it out! It's gross, but normal for them to eat grass.

Brutus's Mommy
Addicted to PBF

Postby Brutus's Mommy » Wed May 09, 2007 8:33 am

bll516 wrote:jameson does that to. It's normal for them to do that. But sometimes after he goes to the bathroom he gets a piece of grass stuck in his ass. He did it last night and my bf had to take a napkin and pull it out! It's gross, but normal for them to eat grass.

roflmao Oh the things we do as dog owners!

My two do the same thing. They are constantly grazing in our backyard.

PitFriend
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitFriend » Wed May 09, 2007 8:53 am

lol I've had to do the Grass in the Butt Assist a few times for Riley. Such fun! My dogs love to graze. They seem to search out new sprouts, and they'll dig in the dirt for roots. No idea why, guess they just taste good.

rutibegga
Super Bully

Postby rutibegga » Wed May 09, 2007 9:11 am

It's totally normal, though we REALLY have to police Bart. He'll graze all day (and eat other nasties that are hiding in the grass) if we give him the chance. He's worse than a goat--he's a lawnmower!

I don't know what we're going to do with our yard when we move. Right now, it's paved, which is not ideal, but with them, grass isn't either... it'll just be mud.

The things we do for our dogs.

Sarah Kay
Newborn Bully

Postby Sarah Kay » Tue May 22, 2007 6:42 pm

Glad to see Elliots isn't the only pup doing this!
I was starting to wonder if she was a cow in her earlier life :))

Goldie
Newborn Bully

Postby Goldie » Tue May 22, 2007 7:18 pm

KeelazMom wrote:I have goats lol

You know when you mow the lawn and the mower spits out the chunks of grass that look like cow patties?

Keela LOVES THOSE!!

She will run around and gobble them up - even after they've been sitting out a few days and are dry and crunchy - but she loves them even more when they're fresh.

I call them Vegetarian Cow Pies lol

Oh my god, Maisie LOVES those! She especially loves the ones that have been sitting out for several days after a hard rain, so they are even more clumpy, soggy and stinky (instead of crunchy and dry). And she also loves new, tall fresh shoots of grass which eventually have to be plucked out of her butt...! She spins around like a freak when that happens trying to figure out what's hanging out her rear. It happened the other day right on the side of a really busy sidewalk with tons of cars going by..... lol

It's heartening to know I'm not the only one with these problems.

But yeah, it doesn't do them any harm overall I think......

demo-dog
Adolescent Bully

Postby demo-dog » Tue May 22, 2007 8:41 pm

I've actually seen Brinks crumble up the grass, roll it in cigarette papers and smoke it back behind the shed in the back yard. Then he just comes inside the house, grabs a milk bone and sits in front of the TV watching South Park. Weird.

Monika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Monika » Tue May 22, 2007 8:53 pm

demo-dog wrote:I've actually seen Brinks crumble up the grass, roll it in cigarette papers and smoke it back behind the shed in the back yard. Then he just comes inside the house, grabs a milk bone and sits in front of the TV watching South Park. Weird.

roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

Q loves veggie cow patties!! He'll spot one and run for it like it's steak!!! And the grass in the butt thing is hilarious! He does the run in circles crap and I have to chase him to get it out... so fun... not!

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Tue May 22, 2007 11:11 pm

Years ago when I had my first dog ever (a Springer Spaniel), I asked my vet once, why she ate so much grass. She GRAZED. He said "Some dogs just like it!"
She also ate fruit - all my apple cores, she'd pick apricots off the tree, and she even liked to drink strawberry soda. She was a cool dog...

Ntchwaidumela
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Ntchwaidumela » Tue May 22, 2007 11:18 pm

Hiya Demo-Dog,

I guess thats what you call a "Scoobie-Doobie" roflmao

PitFriend
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitFriend » Wed May 23, 2007 8:07 am

demo-dog wrote:I've actually seen Brinks crumble up the grass, roll it in cigarette papers and smoke it back behind the shed in the back yard. Then he just comes inside the house, grabs a milk bone and sits in front of the TV watching South Park. Weird.

roflmao roflmao roflmao That actually made me snort out loud. :oops:

FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Wed May 23, 2007 10:46 am

Fran's picky about waht grass she eats.

She loves my mom's lawn probably b/c my mom doesn't use chemicals on her lawn b/c of the dogs and her turtles but she won't eat grass at certian other places.

Return to “Health Issues”