2 lumps: knotted muscle? and possible tumor?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
egostang
Pit Bull Forum Addict

2 lumps: knotted muscle? and possible tumor?

Postby egostang » Sun May 27, 2007 5:47 pm

My poor little foster girl has what feels like either scar tissue or a huge knot in her muscles on her neck. (no visible scar) It doesn't have a descript shape, but you can kind of see that their is something there even just looking at it (like the skin rolls up a bit at the base of her neck as if she had a collar pushing it down or something). I dont know if this is a result of her past stress/abuse or not.

Anybody else seen anything like that?

ALSO, poor thing has some kind of bump on her leg! I'm worried it might be a tumor, but there is a scar on her leg on top of it. I was thinking maybe it was a bb. At first I thought it was a badly healed bone or something. The bump moves around but is hard. She doesn't react to it being touched, pushed or squeezed. Sometimes it seems like she favors the leg a bit. You can't see the bump when she is laying down (can still feel it a little) but when she stands up you can deifinitely see it.

She has some other BAD looking scars on her legs (I will post pics later), and a few teeth-ish scars on her muzzle.

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Sun May 27, 2007 6:14 pm

The knot on her neck could be a reaction to an injection. Soleil had a lump from her rabies vacc for about 2 months, a real hard knot.

egostang
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby egostang » Sun May 27, 2007 6:24 pm

AH!!! She did have her rabies not too long ago so that might be it.

fllady
Newborn Bully

Postby fllady » Mon May 28, 2007 1:23 pm

Take the dog to the vet, these dogs are prone to mast cell tumors, believe me I know, my boy just went through this. The earlier it's caught the better.

egostang
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby egostang » Mon May 28, 2007 1:33 pm

She's due for her spay on June 6th. We'll have the vet give it a look then.

Return to “Health Issues”