Crate

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Motodiva
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Motodiva » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:23 pm

Average pit size can be deceiving, especially since she's mixed. I guess females average 45-55 pounds. I guess thats about 25 kilos? That doesn't mean they can't be bigger, and you can even find them (though their heritage is usually suspect) around 80 pounds. THAT is a big female. It is so hard.

Maybe the place that has her could recommend a size for her. They will also be pleased to know that you are making preparations for her!

Sanya

nathan

Postby nathan » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:29 pm

Motodiva wrote:Average pit size can be deceiving, especially since she's mixed. I guess females average 45-55 pounds. I guess thats about 25 kilos? That doesn't mean they can't be bigger, and you can even find them (though their heritage is usually suspect) around 80 pounds. THAT is a big female. It is so hard.

Maybe the place that has her could recommend a size for her. They will also be pleased to know that you are making preparations for her!

Sanya

she's about 42Lbs, i'd say 28-30" high and i've read for a dog around 20-24Kilo, a 36" deep crate is a good range. The kennal has no idea what size to get for her, shes in a temp one they had spare.

Any suggestions on a size

Fish

Postby Fish » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:07 pm

Its no big deal if you dont have create right away, do like I did and sleep on the couch with her, lol , They range in size from, lets say 35 pounds to 90 pounds, all depends on her breeding.

nathan

Postby nathan » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:09 pm

Fish wrote:Its no big deal if you dont have create right away, do like I did and sleep on the couch with her, lol , They range in size from, lets say 35 pounds to 90 pounds, all depends on her breeding.

I'd be willing to sleep with her on the couch but see she's 2.5 y.o and this is a new setup to her and i'd rather not risk anything with her also if i have to go out or go to work, i'd rather have her in a crate then running around in my apt.

BTW she's a staffordshire Terrier, Husky Mix. not a big dog at all

KimberlyGeorge26

Postby KimberlyGeorge26 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:57 pm

SIze of the pit, I have seen up to 150 pounds. I have one that is 36, and we tried them all. If you get the metal ones, make sure to take her collar and everything off, so she doesn't choke herself. I also have learned that the protection of the plastic seems to be a good thing, versus being able to see everything. Kinda feels like a den. Plus, she could just pee out the side (kinda) that was my concern. Ricky weighs about 55 pounds. The crates state up to 90 pounds ect. on the boxes. GOOD LUCK

phez718

Postby phez718 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:20 pm

She's ADORABLE! :inlove:

Sorry, I can't help with crate size. My crate was given to me and I never measured it. Plus it's HUGE for my 54 lb dog and I think your looking for a correctly sized crate. Good luck! :thumbsup:

pitbullforever
Bully Ambassador

Postby pitbullforever » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:13 pm

sorry i can't help you with your prob. but i wanted you to know that your dogs is a great looking dog!!!!! please post more pics when you get her. :))

Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:23 pm

Where are you adopting from, if you do not mind me asking...? I have seen that dog before... on petfinder maybe? PBRC? She is really familiar... just trying to place where I saw the listing! Thank you so much for adopting!

Return to “Health Issues”