Going into heat???

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:09 pm

Although Angel's vulva looks a little swollen, that just may be her normal structure, some are just a little more exposed looking than others. I do not see any pink tinge to her vulva, which you would normally see. Usually a female swells up considerably while in heat, and bloody discharge ranges from a few drops to gack. Xanny now has a stylish pair of my son's old underwear, I use the fly part for her tail, and put a sanitary pad in the proper place, then tighten it up by gathering it, like a pony tail above her waist. It's quite stylish.
Some females can have pretty strange heats, including the dreaded "silent heat" no swelling, no discharge, but it's a go as far as she and the male(s) are concerned. Remember, females don't actually have to tie w/a male to become pregnant, it just takes a few free swimming little sperm...

frenzy2223

Postby frenzy2223 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:19 am

GreddyGirl:
It looks just like Sadie's!!! I have not seen any swelling or discharge! She seems to have chilled out a little and doesn't pay as much attention to her "area". She is acting her normal crazy self and I have not hade any male dog's knocking at my door, asking to take my daughter out. I think that it was a false alarm, but now I need to get her into the vet to get spayed ASAP!!!

I would like to thanks everyone for all the info and help that you have provided!!!
:bowdown:

mnp13

Postby mnp13 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:33 am

Leslie H wrote:Xanny now has a stylish pair of my son's old underwear, I use the fly part for her tail, and put a sanitary pad in the proper place, then tighten it up by gathering it, like a pony tail above her waist. It's quite stylish.

Try Pullups, you can get them in the 3 year old size and cut a hole for the tail. Your dog will give you evil death looks, but they fit quite nicely... and the 'Disney Princesses' were SO cute on Ruby's butt!

Michelle

Return to “Health Issues”