Ok I'm convinced

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Don

Ok I'm convinced

Postby Don » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:24 pm

So because of alot of good "word of mouth" from this board, local pet store owners, etc. I am going to give the Wellness food a try - and possibly switch over to it. The positive views about its ingredients and how its processed has gotten me curious and willing to give it a shot. I do hope it meets my expectations.

blover27

Postby blover27 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:57 pm

you'll be satisfied :thumbsup:

sundaygirl

Postby sundaygirl » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:51 am

I started switching Luther to Wellness 6 days ago and it's been a breeze. He really likes it! We mix dry food with wet and before he would root around in his bowl, picking out the wet food and leaving the dry. lol He was really good at it! Now he eats everything, no problem.

Awesome_PIT

Postby Awesome_PIT » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:06 pm

You will love the difference you will notice. What formula are you switching to?

Don

Postby Don » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:20 pm

well to update this.........I just got my 1st bag/cans of Wellness. I bought the Wellness lite - yep, porky is going on a diet - and the Lamb & Sweet potatoe in the cans. I am going to gradually blend this in with his other food to let him adjust to it. But I must say it smells alot better than his Nutro food. I think he'll welcome the change.

barbponys
Health Guru

Postby barbponys » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:41 pm

If I were you I would trade the lite for the chicken adult. Lite adds more grain and will make him stay fat or put on weight.

Don

Postby Don » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:33 pm

barbponys wrote:If I were you I would trade the lite for the chicken adult. Lite adds more grain and will make him stay fat or put on weight.
.........then why in the hell do they label this as "Lite"?

barbponys
Health Guru

Postby barbponys » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:26 pm

Welllll, it is lite.......in meat anyway. It's marketing pure and simple. The companies aren't in it for you dog or mine, green is the bottom line. It's been a major gripe for many years. I get people off it as fast as I can.

Feeding a specific amount twice a day is better than going to a lite food. Being very careful how much they eat is far more affective.

Return to “Health Issues”