PJ needs prayers

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
REACTiON
Adolescent Bully

PJ needs prayers

Postby REACTiON » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:27 pm

Background:

PJ is a puppy we rescued because the mom was sick... she is half chihuahua/half daschund. i got her when she was 4 weeks old and i nursed her until she was 5, then i began giving her dry food mixed with water. last week saturday she turned 6 weeks and she was fine. i took her to the vet to get her first shots and de-wormed and everything checked out perfect.

We call her PJ because it means "Peanut Jelly" sounds weird but she does look like a little peanut and it was a little inside joke about the jelly side. when we first got her her stool looked like jelly.

Issue:

last night she started to act weird, when we would try and play she always had her back arched and started to limp... i then remembered the Rob & Big episode and i jumped onto the net to do some research. i couldn't go to any vet because it was Fourth of July and all the vets were closed. all night she has been throwing up and having black stools... i still have yet to sleep. took her in as soon as they opened and they began to work on her. they are asking a $200.00 deposit that will cover all equipment usage for as long as she is there... which i find a good deal because most vets charge $250.00 per night.

anyways the vet said it is internal bleeding... from an object. he hasn't done x-rays because he rather asses the pain and warm her because he does anything else. if in the next 4 - 6 hours her tempature doesn't go up then he will take the x-rays and begin surgery. i would trust this vet with my life so i wll trust him with my dogs life.

he also mentioned he had a similar case a couple weeks ago... the puppy lasted no longer then 12 hours from the first sign. so i take it that my girl is a soldier!

i'm going to get in atleast an hours rest then head back to the vet to pay... he said i wouldn't need to pay until i was ready to pay but its the kind heart like that.. that makes me want to take every dog there.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:53 pm

why wont he take xrays to find out what is blocking her if any? if he does an xray, he can see right away and decide to do surgery or whatnot..

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:27 pm

prayers coming from my home.
Get well lil one, get well. :sad:

REACTiON
Adolescent Bully

Postby REACTiON » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:54 pm

Maryellen wrote:why wont he take xrays to find out what is blocking her if any? if he does an xray, he can see right away and decide to do surgery or whatnot..

i'm not sure about his methods of animal care, but i can guarantee you they damn well work. which is why i trust any pet of mine to be takin cared of by him. i just went by to drop the deposit... her tempature is slowly peaking up so that is a good thing. she read in at about 94 degrees when i took her in and she is now at 96 degrees. not much on an increase but atleast she is getting somewhere.

she is so small... going on 7 weeks at 0.14 of a lb. she was the runt of her litter.

Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Murfins » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:05 pm

PJ will be in my thoughts and I'm sending her lots of love and strength.

amyd
Bully Ambassador

Postby amyd » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:34 pm

Praying for you guys. :hug:

zydoc_5
Matured Bully

Postby zydoc_5 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:38 pm

Sending warm thoughts to PJ :hug:

REACTiON
Adolescent Bully

Postby REACTiON » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:53 pm

thanks guys

:peace:

i'm going to go back later on tonight to see how she is doing.

REACTiON
Adolescent Bully

Postby REACTiON » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:40 am

I got to go in and see PJ

she looked like she was eased of pain... i was so happy but so sad at the same time because she looked so helpless. i was calling her name and she opened her eyes a little and then it rolled back. i know she could hear me... my gf couldn't handle it though, i took her with me and she started to freak. hopefully we will be able to take her home this weekend.

REACTiON
Adolescent Bully

Postby REACTiON » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:58 am

i got some bad news, no more then 10 minutes after my last reply i got a call from the vet. PJ passed about an hour ago... they tried everything to bring her back but it was her time. i allowed him to undergo an autopsy to see what actually went wrong... so it won't happen again. my grandmother is expecting her home... i wouldn't know how to break it to her. i'm afraid she might have a seizure again... (she had one when she found out about pj being sick.)

i feel like a horrible owner right now...

Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Murfins » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:59 am

Did she get x-rays yet?

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:02 am

I'm sorry to hear that. What did you vet do for her?
Please update when you get the necropsy results.

:hug:

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:52 am

oh no
R.I.P little baby!
:hugs:

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:04 am

RIP PJ

jessandace