DIARRHEA!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Rainier
Newborn Bully

DIARRHEA!

Postby Rainier » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:15 am

ive been out of town with my 4 1/2 - 5 month old puppy for 4 days now. ive been staying at my cousins house and shes been staying in the backyard with another dog during the day and in her cage at night in the garage.

a night ago, she diarrhea'd(spl) in her cage EARLY morning at about 6am.

then during the day she had regular poos.

then last night/this morning at about 5am, i hear her crying and whining because she diarrhea'd plenty in her cage. luckily she hates it, she she didnt step in it or anything.

Before i put her into her cage everynight, i make sure she goes poo so this wont happen.

any ideas? shes been eating on a somewhat same regular schedule and eating the same food that she has been eating since she was 3 months which is SCIENCE DIET.

now, ive heard a lot of negative things about feeding science diet and diarrhea but would it make such a effect in just a couple days? shes only eatten that and 2 other little treats from the other dog.

if anyone has any information let me know. i plan on buying a new bag of food from costco thats a chicken rice and veggie mix and quitting the science diet since there is more to other foods than what im feeding her now.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:56 am

she could have gotten into anything in the yard when she was left outside .
i would also not allow her to be left alone with another dog in a yard unattended.. that is a recipe for disaster..

you can boil some chicken and white rice, and give that to her for the next few days to settle her stomach, but i would also suggest a vet visit to make sure its nothing serious.

Rainier
Newborn Bully

Postby Rainier » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:09 am

yeah, its my mistake i left her outside to play unattended. but i didnt leave her alone alone. someone was usually outside in the back with her or took her to the front to play. plenty of people come through this house so shes always busy playing with someone.

but a vet visit def sounds good first thing when i get home tomorrow.

clownracer
Newborn Bully

Postby clownracer » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:16 am

a real quick diarrhea cure ive found is puffy cheetos i usally give cofi like 4-5 of em and it gets his poop like aa rock! worked for my friends rottie as well :thumbsup: Image

Rainier
Newborn Bully

Postby Rainier » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:00 am

i believe i know what went wrong, she ate some of the other dogs food so maybe it was just a bad reaction.

btw, shes all fine now.

Return to “Health Issues”