ear crop issues

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
elizer

ear crop issues

Postby elizer » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:22 pm

for those whose dogs have ear crops, do they stay up straight at ALL times?
or dot hey flop over sometimes depending on their expressions or mood?

cuz most of the time bodhi's ears are standing straight and sometimes they flop when he gets startled.

im posting 3 days on, 2 days off. so on those 2 days off they tend to flop sometimes. The doc said that as he gets older more blood pressure will get to his ears making them stand better.

mnp13

Postby mnp13 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:01 pm

Why aren't you leaving the posts in at all times?

Ruby's ears never 'flop', she can fold them down, but that's it.

I would leave them posted until they are healed or they may end up looking very bad....

Michelle

PitBullPride

Postby PitBullPride » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:42 pm

OOOOOhhhhhh. Nope, Shai's ears are always standing up, just as in my avatar....she holds them back sometimes when she gets submissive,lol. but they sould not 'flop'.

elizer

Postby elizer » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:42 am

oh no no, sorry i guess i was vague in my description, i suppose they flop, they don't flop on their own, he can make them flop on his own, or bend them back but they don't do it without his control.... if that makes sense, the vet told me to post them 3 days and take them off for 2-3 days and do it again until they stand by themselves... they told me it could take up to 6 weeks, im not to worried about that, but i just wanted to make sure if it was ok...

Return to “Health Issues”