Dog Hair Everywhere, What Can I Do?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Boss

Dog Hair Everywhere, What Can I Do?

Postby Boss » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:07 pm

Ok, this is getting to be a big issue with Boss. There is dog hair EVERYWHERE. If I clean something one day, later that night it'll have hair on it again. I have to wash my sheets near daily because he jumps in bed in the middle of the night. Clothes I haven't even worn yet have hair all over them. My tv has hair on it. Any dark surface. I vaccuum and the thing is FULL of dog hair.

He is an indoor dog. He has been shedding badly ever since it got warm. He is ten months, and eats regular Innova. I even bought of of those things that looks like a big razor, but has teeth in it, to pull the loose hairs. It pulls them all right, but, hair still ends up on everything. What can I do, this is so DISGUSTING:(

L Boogie
Bully Ambassador

Postby L Boogie » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:44 pm

I have the same problem...I use a horse grooming block on the doggies once or twice a week, and I have to vacuum the house twice a week (we have linoleum floors, and Duke's dark hair really sticks out).

It could also be that Innova isn't agreeing with your pup. Maybe try another good quality brand for a while and see how it works. A lot of people on here rotate kibbles every so often to get the best results.

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:57 pm

I have 5 dogs living mostly in the house so I hear your pain.I vacuum at least twice a day.I am not sure there is some miracle solution for it.Dogs shed so it is something you can't really get rid of.Tux's black hair are the worse.I swear they move, fly and climb things!

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:11 am

mine are all shedding more then normal.. try having 2 long furred dogs with a short fur dog... more tumbleweeds then normal.. iam vaccuming every 3 days to get the fur up..

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:21 am

I use those static dusters,(everything sticks to them and it is a breeze to dust) vac every day and cover my bed, sofa with sheets that I change daily.(unless it si wet otu, then who knows how mamny times I have to change the sheets accoridng to the mud )
I also use the rubber curry comb(horse brush)
and my dogs are shedding mre then normal this year too

RodentRanger
Super Bully

Postby RodentRanger » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:27 pm

I've just accepted that there will probably always be hairballs chasing me down the hall. We have only one carpeted room, so it doesn't get stuck anywhere-just floats around. I would have to sweep all day everyday with 2 dogs, a medium haired cat and two ferrets.

dr961
Super Bully

rubber curry

Postby dr961 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:39 pm

I use a small child-size or pony sized rubber curry comb (an oval shaped thing with rubber teeth all around the edge) or sometimes a soft rubber glove type thing with bumps several times a week on my dogs to remove loose hair, and it helps alot. You'd be surprised how much hair gets removed from short haired dogs that don't even look like they have much hair.

IMO, white dog hairs are definitely the worst--not only do they show up on everything, but they also seem to shed more than other color hair.

EmmasMom
Addicted to PBF

Postby EmmasMom » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:18 pm

RodentRanger wrote:I've just accepted that there will probably always be hairballs chasing me down the hall. We have only one carpeted room, so it doesn't get stuck anywhere-just floats around. I would have to sweep all day everyday with 2 dogs, a medium haired cat and two ferrets.

Same here. I don't have ANY carpet in the house anymore and with 4 cats and the dog it's crazy. 3 of my cats are black so I have dark furballs chasing me around. They're all shedding more this year than normal though...wonder if it's the weather...

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby crazy4pits » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:07 pm

Well I am scratching my head at this one. I don't have a hair problem! Not even with my Golden. I use the furminator, feed Eagle Pack Holistic (the fish) add salmon oil to that plus they get daily brewers yeast and garlic, vitamins.

Return to “Health Issues”