65lbs to much?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
xjerseyzfinestx
Newborn Bully

65lbs to much?

Postby xjerseyzfinestx » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:31 pm

he is about to be 10 months old....i mean he doesnt look fat at all ..but he has alot of loose skin like you could grab which is normal because he is a puppy i guess....i mean his face makes him look fat also because he has the type of face were everything is loose lol...like his cheeks hang low and just has alot of rolls in his face..just wondering if 65 is to much?

pibbles and bits

Postby pibbles and bits » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:34 pm

Just means either your dog's parents were bred too big, or he's a mix. :)

CrinkledStraw
Matured Bully

Postby CrinkledStraw » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:49 pm

As long as he's in good shape I wouldn't worry. He should grow into himself and his wrinkles a bit as he matures.
lol

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:07 pm

A picture is worth a thousand words. :thumbsup:

KahluaBear

Postby KahluaBear » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:26 pm

Your pup is fine. My pooch gained a pound a week almost when growing. She's a year old now and basically balanced out at 70lbs, but she's on the skinny side.

Like, err... "pipples and bits" said, he may be a mixed breed, but he might not be fully grown yet. You may have a bohemeth dog on you hands!! :))

xjerseyzfinestx
Newborn Bully

Postby xjerseyzfinestx » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:14 pm

lol no he isnt a mixed breed....today i had him at the vet because yesterday for the first time me and my buddy took our dogs into my friends backyard were there is about 7 miles of woods and we let the dogs loose and run around...and he woke up this morning with bumps all around his body..i had to take him to get these shots and now there clearing up.....i swear i never seen my dog that excited ..yesterday he was like hoping logs and going in and out of the bushes and playin in the mud with the other pitbull ..lol he took all his energy out

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:10 pm

I wouldn't say he is a mix. I would just say he is a big boy! My girl Gypsy is 63lbs, and she is a ADBA registered APBT.

I want to see pictures of your boy too!

Ket

hwillm1977
Addicted to PBF

Postby hwillm1977 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:46 am

If your vet didn't think he's too fat, then he's probably fine... Marley at his heaviest weighed about 62 (at 10 months) but when we took him to the vet she suggested a diet... after cutting back his food and upping exercise he is now a slimmer (but still could be better) 53 pounds (and 14 months old).

How tall is the puppy? do you have any pictures?

Return to “Health Issues”