Anyone know what these lumps might be???????

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
JBUG

Anyone know what these lumps might be???????

Postby JBUG » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:32 pm

Our newest pit Chopper is 10 weeks old. I have been noticing ever sence we got him he has had dry lumps all over his skin and they are mulitplying. Please take a look at my pics and help me out maybe someone knows how to treat or what it might be. THANKS AGAIN... :thumbsup:

http://www.geocities.com/windpunk/pitbull1

http://www.geocities.com/windpunk/pitbull2

http://www.geocities.com/windpunk/pitbull3
Last edited by JBUG on Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

phez718

Postby phez718 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:35 pm

I can't say I know what they are. You should take him to the vet. :thumbsup:

JBUG

Postby JBUG » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:55 pm

I am going to try to get him their this week just wondered if their was a home remidy till then. worries the heck out of me to see them on him :bowdown:

phez718

Postby phez718 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:14 pm

I'll be hoping for the best. Let us know what happens! :)

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:39 pm

Not sure about the skin stuff, but unless you just fed him a huge meal, a belly that round usually means a pup has worms.

JBUG

Postby JBUG » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:19 pm

Yeah I thought the same thing but I have had him wormed twice sence I got him. The guy we got him from breeds pits I think he calls them extreme breeds they are very short, wide and muscular dog. I am takeing him to the vet this week so hopefully we will find something out.

barbponys
Health Guru

Postby barbponys » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:26 pm

I wormed Garion 6 times before he was done with the round worms. Better to be safe than sorry.

HartagoldAST

Re: Anyone know what these lumps might be???????

Postby HartagoldAST » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:50 pm

JBUG wrote:Our newest pit Chopper is 10 weeks old. I have been noticing ever sence we got him he has had dry lumps all over his skin and they are mulitplying. Please take a look at my pics and help me out maybe someone knows how to treat or what it might be. THANKS AGAIN... :thumbsup:

That pup has to be LOADED with worms. What did you use to deworm him? What are you feeding him and how much/how often?

Sorry but from your description, the "breeder" you got him from is nothing but a BYB - "extreme" pits? Your pup may have demodex, or a staph infection, or any other number of skin problems. Is he blue? Hard to tell in those pics, but a blue from a BYB is going to have any number of health problems, hope it is nothing serious.

Keep us updated- don't use any home remedies, just get him to the vet. If you start treating him with something it may make it worse since you don't know what is wrong. And whatever you do, don't believe people who tell you to use motor oil or anything like that if it's demodex!

Good luck and hope he's feeling better soon!

:peace:

PitBullPride

Postby PitBullPride » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:40 pm

TAKE HIM TO YOUR VET AND GIVE US AN UPDATE!!!!!!

JBUG

Postby JBUG » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:46 pm

Ok I just got back from the vet he says chopper is in great health the bumbs however were bite marks from the other puppys in the litter chewing on him poor pup. Two of them were infected I got the meds and everything should be cleared up in about a week or so. So everythings 100% great he is 10lbs. I will post some good pics later on of both my pits on the pic page thanks again. :peace:

KimberlyGeorge26

Postby KimberlyGeorge26 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:43 pm

Aloe helps soothe it, and putting something smelly may stop chewing good luck, I am glad he is not sick!

pitbullforever
Bully Ambassador

Postby pitbullforever » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:24 pm

glad your pup is ok. wow 10lbs how old is he???? :doggie:

Return to “Health Issues”