How many of you feed your dogs TW or have switched from TW?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
X-girl

Postby X-girl » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:43 pm

Deniselynn wrote:Thank you for all of your experiences! It looks like I will stick with NV since the dogs had positive results from it.

Meredeth, do you feed Lola the NV Instinct on occasion or all the time?

I'm not much for switching foods around so this will be her kibble until something prevents it from working for us. Lola started allergy shots this year and has already shown improvement but the ears were still a constant issue - now (on the Instinct) they aren't. I'm very pleased with that result. :)

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:15 pm

X-girl wrote:
Deniselynn wrote:Thank you for all of your experiences! It looks like I will stick with NV since the dogs had positive results from it.

Meredeth, do you feed Lola the NV Instinct on occasion or all the time?

I'm not much for switching foods around so this will be her kibble until something prevents it from working for us. Lola started allergy shots this year and has already shown improvement but the ears were still a constant issue - now (on the Instinct) they aren't. I'm very pleased with that result. :)

one of my little dogs has always had itchy ears, even since I switched to raw, so maybe I should get her on the Instinct then?
I am not sure if she still has an issue or it is an old habbit. When I first rescued/adopoted her she had been eating really cheapo crap, had the dark, tary goo, then ended up with the ear hemotomas and I took her in for the surgery.
I don't really see or smell anything, but she still has very moist ears and will rub them across the rug when she first wakes up in the morning.
She is old , 14 yrs now, (but very actve, still can run down rabbits groundhogs and have her own raw dinner that night).
I worry about her age though, if it is a high protein?
I do have ear cream from her , but it seems to really irritate them when I put that in as it is so mosit and gooey.

elegy
Bully Ambassador

Postby elegy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:26 pm

i fed harv timberwolf wild and natural for one bag. he ate a ton, pooped a ton, and i just wasn't impressed, especially given the high cost.

Melody
Forum Junky

Postby Melody » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:23 pm

I feed my 3 Timberwolf, Wilderness Elk & Salmon, and have for over a year now. I love it, and won't feed them anything else. I am always getting compliments on their coats and their weight. My vet says I have the most fit bullies she's seen in awhile, most she sees are overweight. The poopies are small, they don't eat much, and it's readily available where I live. A 33 lb bag costs me approx $55 and lasts me 5-6 weeks for 3 dogs - 80 lbs, 60 lbs, and 20 lbs. They do get some healthy treats throughout the day, with some yogurt or veggies mixed in their dinner a few times a week.

IamaDick
Addicted to PBF

Postby IamaDick » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:16 pm

I would stick with the NV, I have yet to see a difference in TW vs NV, and NV is quite a bit cheaper and generally easier to get. TW is a great food, but its not worth switching. JMO

Hoss
***WARNING1***
***WARNING1***

Postby Hoss » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:12 pm

All of my dogs have done their best on TW. It seems to take about two months see really see the results. After the first month the gas seems to go away.
Also if you over feed, they will over poop. roflmao

here is my last shipment from TW. :peace:

Sally_Dog77
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Sally_Dog77 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:42 pm

I just got my shipment in. Came in nice and prompt, bags intact, and cans undented.

I too, noticed it takes Nadiya a couple weeks of getting used to it.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:48 pm

Justin, methinks TW LOVES you! lol

seekup1
Adolescent Bully

Postby seekup1 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:05 pm

now I feel like a bad mom
I have a 12 yr old and have always fed him iams. I will try the natures way I had no idea it really made a difference but the vet long ago said iams was good food :frown:

chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Postby chewbecca » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:42 pm

I got T.O's salmon oil and that stuff gets an A+++ from me!

And it was prompt delivery, too!

snoopsnoop
Forum Junky

Postby snoopsnoop » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:38 pm

seekup1 wrote:now I feel like a bad mom
I have a 12 yr old and have always fed him iams. I will try the natures way I had no idea it really made a difference but the vet long ago said iams was good food :frown:

Vets are a lot of times sponsored by a food/company for school which means they have to promote that food in their private practice.

Take a peek around, you will find out what good foods are and aren't. Glad you are starting to figure it out now! And that doesnt make you a bad mom! I fed Purina Puppy Chow before I figured out what makes a good dog food!

chimblysweep
Newborn Bully

Postby chimblysweep » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:44 pm

we just switched Molly from EVO red meat to TW Bison formula. On the EVO, her poops were all runny.

With TW, she's all better, her coat's shinier, she has fewer eye boogers, and she's WAY more excited to eat. We've had to add water to the kibble, since she's been eating it so fast that it makes her sick.

makedonce78
Newborn Bully

Postby makedonce78 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:35 am

Well, I bought TW Elk and afterwards I saw on the web site that it was recomended adding your own meat with this formula (the ones not requiring that were Wild and Natural, Lamb and Southwest Chicken). So, I bought some Natures Variety chicken patties today and hopefully it will be a good for him

CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

Postby CinderDee » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:46 am

I fed TW Bison for a long time and my dog did really well on it. I never had an issue with delivery at all. I only switched because he's got cancer and is now eating raw.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:57 am

you cant mix raw food with the TW.. the natures variety patties are raw food, and you shouldnt mix them with the TW.. you dont have to add raw food to the TW either..

Return to “Health Issues”