Male dog leaking urine, as in dribbling

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Male dog leaking urine, as in dribbling

Postby Respect_A_Bull@msn.com » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:59 pm

We want to know if any one has had a male dog that has had this problem?(Male dog leaking urine), as in dribbling.We have had him tested for everything under the sun, he is getting monthly hormone shots at the vets, it works for about 3 weeks.but we feel there might be something out there that might work better for him.Our vet has only seen 2 male dog with this problem in 15 years.So any idea's would help.We would like to him to get better so he can find his forever home.

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/BC148.html
Respect_A_Bull@msn.com
Newborn Bully

Re: Male dog leaking urine, as in dribbling

Postby concreterose » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:50 pm

Respect_A_Bull@msn.com wrote:We want to know if any one has had a male dog that has had this problem?(Male dog leaking urine), as in dribbling.We have had him tested for everything under the sun, he is getting monthly hormone shots at the vets, it works for about 3 weeks.but we feel there might be something out there that might work better for him.Our vet has only seen 2 male dog with this problem in 15 years.So any idea's would help.We would like to him to get better so he can find his forever home.

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/BC148.html

Yep, my male does this. Has tested negative for everything. I just let him out more frequently, which helps a LOT and put a belly band on him when I am leaving for an extended period. It catches the dribbles.
concreterose
Regulator

Postby elegy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:28 pm

mushroom had that problem for awhile. he took PPA (brand name proin) for a few months. it fixed the problem and i was able to wean him and it's not come back with any regularity since then (he dribbles occasionally, maybe once every other month).
elegy
Bully Ambassador

Postby dougs85 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:48 am

my female does this an while shes sleeping as well, she wakes up and her whole back legs are soaking wet, saying that she is only 14 weeks, when are puppys able to control there bladder?
dougs85
Matured Bully

Postby ZiggysMom » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:28 pm

No dog of any age should be leaking urine when sleeping... you should get her checked out. She could have an ectopic ureter, or if she's just been spayed, rarely the hormone changes can cause incontinence.
ZiggysMom
Super Bully

Postby dougs85 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:01 pm

ZiggysMom wrote:No dog of any age should be leaking urine when sleeping... you should get her checked out. She could have an ectopic ureter, or if she's just been spayed, rarely the hormone changes can cause incontinence.

well she had a urine infection, wich i got antibiotix for , took her down to the vet an he said that there was no blood in her urine so the infection has cleared up, its not as bad as it has been since she finished 1 weeks cource of them. I asked for another weeks just incase, i havent started it yet( due to speaking to a few ppl who got a pup from the same litter an there getting the same problem) thot i might let it take its cource, shes still doin it tho , am gonna start her on the other cource tomorrow now thanks :thumbsup:
dougs85
Matured Bully

Postby Maryellen » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:22 am

14 week old pups cant hold their bladder for very long... are you taking her out during the night for potty?? if not, that could be why she is peeing in her crate at night...
Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby dougs85 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:41 pm

she doesnt mean to go to the toilet it just drips off constantly, a dont think she even knows its happenin, when she walks u can see it gathering up to drip of her back end, she doesnt go to the toilet in her crate it just drips off without her knowing it.
dougs85
Matured Bully

Return to Health Issues