JUNK food (mcdonalds etc) - NPBR

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
kaytenmags
Pit Bull Forum Addict

JUNK food (mcdonalds etc) - NPBR

Postby kaytenmags » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:33 pm

I've been emailing back and forth with a guy that's thinking about getting a pit mix pup in the near future. At first he wanted to know about cropping and docking, but after a few emails back and forth he's decided against both of them. He's very 'green' when it comes to bully breed dogs, but he's REALLY receptive to advice.

Today I got this email:

hello again,

Since you were so helpful last time i had a question.... i figured i'd email you back in hopes for some more help. My dad has two dogs ... 1 that he's had for around a year, shes a 10 year old english cocker spaniel .. and he just got a 8 week old maltese yorkie. He's been feedin the spaniel aka maggie human food since we got her .... stuff such as steak, burgers, fries, chips .. thats off the top of my head .... and our 8 week old pup hes fed part of a quarter pounder with cheeseburger from mcdonalds and part of fries.... not alot ... but i thought any is enough to get them ill ...... he also today fed the pup some human beef jerkey from superstore even tho when buyin human jerky i purchased dog jerky and i also told him not to when he fed and he continued too ... hes an idiot. how bad in general is this for the dogs and or the pup ? is it more so long term effects and weight then anything ?

thanks in advance for the help

obviously this is NOT a good diet for the dogs, but does anyone have any solid facts regarding how it will affect the dogs (ie: what the high salt may damage)?

thanks guys =)

SadiesHuman
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby SadiesHuman » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:38 pm

*shrug*

I actually knew of my friends grandfather who fed his little dog 2 hamburgers from mcdonalds a day as his daily diet. There was a little ketchup and sometimes cheese, depending on the day or something. But yeah, this dog had 2 hamburgers and table scraps. Its sad to say, but the dog outlived Pop. RIP Pop.

So, I have no solid facts, sorry.

Sally_Dog77
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Sally_Dog77 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:41 pm

All the fat in those items could lead to pancreatitus(sp).

Return to “Health Issues”