SERIOUS EMERGENCY! need quick advice!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
The Diesel
Adolescent Bully

SERIOUS EMERGENCY! need quick advice!

Postby The Diesel » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:11 am

I just got out of class at midnight and came to a small get together my room mate was having that I knew about. Trouble was crated in my room but I think someone got him high. He's very lethargic and is swaying back and forth really bad and can hardly walk. So I pulledout his food bag so he would get excited and he kinda ran to his bowl so I gave him a little bit of food and he ate. He tried to drink water but fell face first in the bowl. Now he's sleeping with his tounge sticking out. He's breathing normally but I think his eyes are dialated. Should I let him sleep it off? I have no money for an emergency vet right. Now and I don't know where one is at anyway. He's only 9 1/2 weeks old.

kcalbat
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby kcalbat » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:32 am

whoa...sorry no tips...but

Thats kinda funny

good luck

The Diesel
Adolescent Bully

Postby The Diesel » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:43 am

He just woke up heavin but didn't throw up. And I'm sure it was dro they were smokin so he's totally out of it. I figured he would feel better if he threw up so I gave him a lot of water and now I'm waiting. He came to his senses enough to recognize me, he looked up and stared at me a minute them ran to me and fell in my lap. Iv seen dogs get high and drunk befor without any problem, they just pass out and they're fine when they wake up. I'm just worried cause he's so small. He's still swaying and shaking a bit but not as bad as he was befor.

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:59 am

I have no advice, except for take him to a vet.

I'd seriously reconsider who you are living with if this is how they are going to treat your dog.

The Diesel
Adolescent Bully

Postby The Diesel » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:09 am

Heh yea iv been reconsidering it for a while and have signed a new lease somewhere else. I'm supposed to move this weekend but I think ill start tomorrow. I convinced him to find a better home for his own pit. He "rescued" her from a really bad home but later realized he doesn't have the patience or time for a pit. I placed her with a close couple that I know so she left today to a really great home. They have a beautiful 1 year old pit so I know she's in good hands and ill still get to see her weekly. The dogs got along great together right away.

EmmasMom
Addicted to PBF

Re: SERIOUS EMERGENCY! need quick advice!

Postby EmmasMom » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:16 am

I hope he's okay...he's such a little pup that something like that can't be good for him (not that it's good for an adult dog).

Lizzie
Bully Ambassador

Postby Lizzie » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:39 am

The Diesel wrote: Iv seen dogs get high and drunk befor without any problem, they just pass out and they're fine when they wake up.

Alcohol is horrible for dogs and can kill them, just so you know.

Just because humans enjoy getting drunk and high doesn't mean dogs do. That's a disgusting thing to do to a dog, especially such a young puppy...it's really good that you're moving and getting the poor pup out of that. Please don't ever leave him with people who might do this to him...it's very cruel and can be dangerous.

JeepinDog
Addicted to PBF

Postby JeepinDog » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:46 am

Any updates? How is he doing?

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:07 am

kcalbat wrote:whoa...sorry no tips...but

Thats kinda funny

good luck

Personally, it is NOT funny, imo.

Paws crossed for your pup and let us know how he is doing.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:15 am

That's not funny at all.
It's animal ABUSE, and I hope the puppy will be OK.

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:34 am

alcohol and drugs can be very deadly to animals.
As they metabolize so much diferent than humans.

if you dont move soon, I would be adding a lock to my door ASAP.

I have even padalocked dogs in crates before so people dont "ACCIDENTLY" let one of my dogs out. (as I live with a very dog aggressive dog)

Never be afraid to do what it takes to keep your dog safe, people may be insulted or call you wussy names, but we have to speak for our dogs.

I had an old b/f during a party almost kill my dog with FOOD once, man was I hot.. the dog was bloated to extremes and if he hadnt of started pooping his brains out it was the ER we were going.
:po: oooo people make me mad.
What some think is "cute and funny" can be deadly to our furry buddies.

sounds like you have it under control for now..but I would still be putting a lock on the door, even if its a attachement with a paddalock until you are safely out of this house, and maybe a lock on the new room wherever you are going!

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:30 am

kcalbat wrote:whoa...sorry no tips...but

Thats kinda funny

good luck

if you think that is funny, then you are as sick as the b@stards that did this to this puppy! :po:

The Diesel
Adolescent Bully

Postby The Diesel » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:42 am

He seems to be alright, he's ruinning around now and he's very alert. He just tried to attack a boxer on his morning walk so he's back to his confident self. I was worried there for a minute. Luvnstuff that's a good idea, I'm going to get a padlock today lol. I'd thought about putting a lock on his crate but it seemed cruel to me, I guess if its to keep him safe it for the better. Thanks for everyones concerns.

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:10 am

Good to hear that.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:10 pm

Poor Trouble! Glad he is feeling better! Good Luck to you and your move.

Drugs and Alcohol can actually kill a puppy. Think of a teenager with alcohol poisoning and then think about a tiny puppy. A good drink is enough to poison a puppy. I saw it happen at a party a long time ago. It is not funny at all!

Return to “Health Issues”