Is corn really bad, or not?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
egostang
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby egostang » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:49 am

Animal research constitutes a VERY VERY small percentage of animal deaths. And despite the rumor there is a LOT of regulation regarding animals. most of the medications that are now available to treat a number of human ailments first went through animal testing. This is so in psychology as well for treating behavioral disorders.

If you want to talk about hype, animal testing is blown WAY out of proportion. More animals die in shelters or from habitat loss every day than a full year of animal testing.

egostang
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby egostang » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:51 am

Gatorpit wrote:Some animal research is someone in a lab with some animals that say "Hmmm...what happens when..." and then experiment with living animals. Experiments have been done on pain tolerance and affects od adrenaline, this required live animals of different species to be tortured, and then killed to see what affects had occured.

How about experiments on heat exhaustion? Cause living animals of different species to overheat. How long does it take them to distress, to die? What temps kill what animals in what amount of time?

What are the affects of microwaves on 10 day old kittens?

What happens to the brains of monkeys when boiling water is poured on their heads?

These experiments and many others can and do take place.

NO research is done without first exhausting alternatives AND the benefits to knowledge MUST outweight the risks.

People are very misinformed about animal research. Look up IACUC.

Gatorpit
Addicted to PBF

Postby Gatorpit » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:18 am

There havn't always been regulations. And not all countries have the regulations that we do. BTW, I am not against animal testing in the medical and psychological fields, I am against it in product testing and unnecesary "what if?" scenarios, that for the most part, don't occur any more in this, and most highly advanced European countries.

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:48 am

If he wouldn't eat it in a 'wild' setting I don't think I'd feed it.

I've never seen a stray dog foraging in a corn field.

1lila1
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby 1lila1 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:39 am

egostang wrote:If you want to talk about hype, animal testing is blown WAY out of proportion. More animals die in shelters or from habitat loss every day than a full year of animal testing.

:headbang: :bowdown: :thumbsup:

Bravo!! VERY well said!! Let's get some perspective here, people!

Return to “Health Issues”